Respected Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for November 2022

@viva923

Where is home town in Wisconsin for you? It's so darn cold here right now and my old body hates it. I think it's about 18 right now. It never got warmer than 21 today. Windy as all get out too. I drove the car to the mailbox as that was how cold and windy it was today.

@viva923wrote:

hello all

Leeny, heard about the bad weather hitting lower Illinois and southward.

Wisconsin,have not been back home for quite some time since 2017 when i went back for my high school 50th class reunion.

not much else tonight. see all tomorrow

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl

Amen to this. My husband calls me doctor. I just tell him what his doctor tells him. I know I've saved him many a time. He too hates to admit that I am right.

@mousiegirlwrote:

@Epicureanwrote:

Birdmama,yes,the Dr. told hubby to use probiotics,and yogurt also. I make sure he uses it three times a day,at least.
He was very fortunate indeed,when he went to ER he looked really sick,I was very concerned that something was terrible wrong,thank God I didn't wait a day longer.

@EpicureanMany a wife has saved her husband's life, if only men and kids would listen to their wives and Mothers.

I nagged my DH for over a month to get his PSA tested once I learned that his so-called doctor told him older men aren't tested, to say I was shocked at this ludicrous statement is an understatement. DH finally got tested, it was very high, doctor told him to be retested in three months, told DH that was crazy, so he did wait one month but finally listened to me but by that time, it had spread. He gets injections every three-four months and many tests. DH hates to admit I am ever right, but he did then.

Respected Contributor

@hellie jo

Sending prayers to your dear hubby. It seems to be something going on with all of us. Take Care.

@hellie jowrote:

Hello all. My DH had a biopsy of his prostate and it is cancer. Have a doctor appointment next Tuesday. They recommend radiation therapy. Will know more next week.

Respected Contributor

Oh what a day. I feel like I've been to H and back. Started the morning with getting the remainder of my Christmas decorations out. I'll tell you there are more left in the totes then I put out. I just don't have the stamina to work with all that stuff anymore. DH helped me put the 2 last totes into the garage.

I then tackled some more sorting of photos.. 50+ years worth. This is quite a project. I know now I bit off more then I bargained for. Too bad I don't have a some kind of sorter to make this easier. I have one more album to sort and then I can begin to fill the kid's albums. I figure 3 kids and at least 3 albums a piece. I bought some refill pages at Hobby Lobby to add to the albums, but they are a pain..

Just finished dinner and it will be an early beddy byo for me tonight.

Tomorrow is:Happy 1st Of December Pictures, Photos, and Images for ...

Honored Contributor

hello all

Leeny, Appleton is where i was born/raised/got married/left, 30 miles out of green bay.

today have 2 doc checks. one if my mammo, 2nd is foot doctor. dh is taking the new car in to have the taillight replaced at car collision center this morn,it'll take about 1 hour.

not much else. migh

Honored Contributor

@hellie joI'm sorry to read the news about your husband Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The bird's nest is set up for December.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Bird-s-Nest-for-December-2022/m-p/7756606#M614823

If you posted anything December related on this thread I will copy it over.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise