Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for November 2022

@Epicurean  Yikes!  C-diff if no joke and it can kill some people in a month's time.  Thank God - you said, that's it, you are going.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   Have they recommended a probiotic for your husband?  I never bought into probiotics until I took a course of augmentin in 2017.  by the 3rd day on that medication food was just running through me.  A CVS pharmacist hooked me up and said augmentin was so strong it stripped my good bacteria (?) in my tummy.  Whoo, that probiotic was a godsend.

Honored Contributor

Belated birthday greetings to you husband @Leeny 

Happy Birthday GIFs for Him — Download on Funimada.com

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Hubby says thank you for the birthday wishes.Woman Happy

I just got my wreath on the door Whooo hooo. One thing at a time 

at this house. 

It's so cloudy out and we are expected to get rain/snow.. I hope it holds off until I get my pool visit done. High tomorrow is 22 degrees. 

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,yes,the Dr. told hubby to use probiotics,and yogurt also. I make sure he uses it three times a day,at least. 
He was very fortunate indeed,when he went to ER he looked really sick,I was very concerned that something was terrible wrong,thank God I didn't wait a day longer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Epicureanwrote:

Birdmama,yes,the Dr. told hubby to use probiotics,and yogurt also. I make sure he uses it three times a day,at least.
He was very fortunate indeed,when he went to ER he looked really sick,I was very concerned that something was terrible wrong,thank God I didn't wait a day longer.

@EpicureanMany a wife has saved her husband's life, if only men and kids would listen to their wives and Mothers.

I nagged my DH for over a month to get his PSA tested once I learned that his so-called doctor told him older men aren't tested, to say I was shocked at this ludicrous statement is an understatement. DH finally got tested, it was very high, doctor told him to be retested in three months, told DH that was crazy, so he did wait one month but finally listened to me but by that time, it had spread. He gets injections every three-four months and many tests. DH hates to admit I am ever right, but he did then.

Trusted Contributor

Mousiegirl,men just don't believe that we know better sometimes. My hubby comes from a family who just don't go to Dr. His mom and dad never went for a well checkup. Well,me ,being an ex nurse knows better,LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

hello all

having trouble posting today won't let me put in paragraphs have to run everything together.

heavy steady rain this morn. did get walk in. just put on 2 gallon zip bags on bad foot.

did saturday chores will continue with more saturday morn chores tomorrow

have clothes to fold. not much else.later guys

Respected Contributor

Hello all. My DH had a biopsy of his prostate and it is cancer. Have a doctor appointment next Tuesday. They recommend radiation therapy. Will know more next week.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hellie jo,sorry about the news of your hubby. Fortunately,prostatic cancer is very treatable. Wishing the best for him and you as well. Wil keep you both in my my prayers.