Respected Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for November 2022

[ Edited ]

Good Evening All~~

It's been a busy day here for me. Got up early and our youngest son came over to help get our Christmas tree up and decorated. That was all I could do for today as my right leg/hip began to hurt. I have a few more things to bring out, but I do know I won't be putting out as much as I use to. I was just thankful to get our tree up.

Then I had my son take me out to Wal Mart to pick up "4" things. I had to pick up 2 things for the giving tree at church and that was not an easy task. Things are very picked over of course. 

Came home and heated up left overs and I am about ready to go to bed. 

Going to attempt to get to church in the morning so I need an early bed time. DH's birthday is Monday and we are going to go out for pizza with the family tomorrow afternoon. I guess DH decided to go tomorrow as the kids have to work on Monday. I hope I have enough getty up to bake a cake. Too much to do and so little energy. 

Looking at all my decorations I think I need to unload some more to the kids, if they don't want anything more I am going to donate some. I keep down sizing, but I guess it just isn't enough.

Honored Contributor

hello all

leisurely day for us here

sheet day

we tried something new will it work for us this is a work in progess type thing.

dh took all the heavy bedding (only bedding/blankets/mattress pad) to laundry mat for wash/dry. it would take me 4-5 loads of sheets/blankets/pad and so forth to get all washed and dried. cost dh $15 bucks and 1 hour start to finish to get bedding done. he did not fold laundry there he put in clean leaf bag we have in the house and brought bedding home for folding.

it saved me a lot of work and drying time, see how this goes. that is all i can say

raining really hard,will i take a walk this afternoon not sure if i want to get wet this afternoon.

anyway, not much else,later guys

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies,nice to be back. Thank you all for prayers and best wishes for hubby,he's sitting here,dressed. He even took. a walk on the treadmill! 

Forgive me if this is long but I'd likrj to tell you what just went on. Two weeks ago Sat., he said he didn't feel good,next thing was diarrhea,really,really,bad. We thought it was from a salad he had brought home ,I had none. He went to Dr.,saw nurse practitioner. She ordered a stool culture. Just before this visit he saw Dr. he has a cyst on his back,with he was supposed to have out this week. It looked really nasty,so the Dr. drained it,gave hubby some antibiotics,as he should have. Still going,almost a week. I took one look at him Friday and said,do you want to go to the hospital ER or there walk in one near home. Off to the walk in one,because hen looked very sick to me. They gave him I v fluids,and did a cat scan. Then decided to admit to hospital. So off in a ambulance he went,much to my relief.

So here's what happened,his stool specimen showed a C Diff bacterial infection of the colon. It would not have been a problem, but the antibiotics killed all t he GOOD bacteria,hence the infection went wild. Who knew? We all may have an little of it,but he had no way to fight it. So,three days of I've,and I v meds he was better,and came home. So I had to be a witch,constantly telling him to drink  and forcing him to eat,even tho I know he had no appetite,it was crucial that he get Whole Foods into him,so I fed him about four to five times a day,with small, amounts. He's looking and feeling so,much better. Needless to say,that cyst won't be coming out any time soon,it's harmless,and he sure doesn't want any antibiotics till his stool culture comes back negative. He sees Dr. tomorrow. So,we had no thanksgiving day,but I'm thankful he's on the mend! 

Honored Contributor

wow EPI what a story about your dh. glad they were able to get the infection taken care of. keep us up to date on his healing.

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not to much today

did my weekly cleaning of all the knick knacks i have in the living room/dining room area. prepped both rooms for cleaning later this week

tomorrow is cleaning out refrigerators get that done for the week.

got my morn walk in., more clouds than sun today.got 2 inch rain over the weekend. cleaned out rain gauges.

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

What an ordeal for your hubby and you. It's a good thing he was willing to get to walk in and was admitted. It's amazing what our bodies go through. I am glad for him and you that he's home now and feeling better. Take care.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@viva923 

If you lived closer to me in Wisconsin I'd hire you in a minute. Dusting girl is just what I need. I have so many knick knacks and pictures and etc. that need dusting, but I just haven't had the energy to get at it. I did get all my other dusting finished though. 

We are expecting snow tomorrow in the afternoon. I hope I get my visit to the pool in before it starts. DH's birthday today. We went out to breakfast. He didn't feel like going anywhere for dinner, so we ate left over pizza.. It tasted pretty good when I heated it in the airfryer. That was one of my better investments. 

I think that was a good idea to take all that heavy bedding to the laundromat. I hope it works out well for you.

Honored Contributor

hello all

Leeny, heard about the bad weather hitting lower Illinois and southward.

Wisconsin,have not been back home for quite some time since 2017 when i went back for my high school 50th class reunion.

not much else tonight. see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

HELLO ALL

not much today

did normal chores cleaned fridges today.

got that done,prepped for cleaning living/dining rooms tomorrow.

not much else, sunny

brisk nor'west wind. OK guys later

Honored Contributor

I'm catching up on all of the posts

@Leeny  You're not the only one thinking about downsizing holiday decor. I just read a similar comment from a lady in the fashion forum.  I'm glad that you got your tree up.  So far I have my front door wreath up, rofl.

@viva923  When it comes to quilts or heavy blankets, I like to go to the laundromat and use the big machines to wash them.  I use my dryer at home.  I look at it this way - I can fix my dryer.  I don't have the skills to fix my washer.  Plus, I don't like cramming laundry into the washer.  I think things in the washer should have room to slosh around and suds up and rinse off and my washer is just not big enough to allow that for quilts and heavier blankets.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise