Honored Contributor

Bird's Nest for November 2022

Welcome Friends old and new to the Bird's Nest.  

Feeding Birds With Pumpkin Shells: How To Make A Pumpkin Bird Feeder

Pumpkin Bird Feeder Makes a Happy Harvest For Birds | Audubon

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for November 2022

Hello November! Bring More Happiness And Peace In Our Lives.

Esteemed Contributor

Hey Bird Mama and everyone else.  I didn't know if you had received the word that Yock passed away on October 18.  I knew she posted with you at the Back Fence and I also thought she did here in the Bird's Nest also.  I was lucky to have lunch with her about a month or so before she passed.  I was so glad I reached out when I did.  I'm sure she and Winifred are catching up now!  I just thought you would want to know in case you hadn't heard.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

hey all

am here

no walk today, 

the electrician is installing that gfi switch in breaker box.he is off on a journey to retrieve the breaker switch to finish up the job.he left all his tools and such here so has to come back.

very cloudy and on humid side today.

not much else.later

ps

my phone lines were so messed up last night. i could call out,no one could call me, eventually i got some calls in could not reach anyone with a cell phone,said my number was incorrect try again later. a hour ago, phone seems to be up and running again. so ready to dump this land line it is becoming more of a pain that any help

later guys

Trusted Contributor

OH NO, I had no idea Yock passed away. Anyone know what happened. She was such a nice lady.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean wrote:

OH NO, I had no idea Yock passed away. Anyone know what happened. She was such a nice lady.

I didn't either.  Wasn't she the lady with the husband that had passed relatively recently (in the last few years) named Merle?

I'm sorry to hear that.  I hadn't seen any of her posts lately and it crossed my mind as to whether she was okay or not.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Epicurean wrote:

I didn't either.  Wasn't she the lady with the husband that had passed relatively recently (in the last few years) named Merle?

I'm sorry to hear that.  I hadn't seen any of her posts lately and it crossed my mind as to whether she was okay or not.

Yes, her husband, Merle, passed away a couple of years ago.  She had lost weight since the last time I had seen her and was having some trouble breathing but had some doctor's appointments lined up to treat and get to the bottom of that and a few other issues.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

hello all

I too was shocked to read about Yock. 

I know she missed merle tremendously. my mom said after my dad passed she was just heartbroken. that may have contributed to her passing.

not much else

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain   Thank you so much for letting us know.  Betty and I exchanged emails now and then and we last 'spoke' at length at the end of August.  September was a crazy month for me and I emailed Betty in October apologizing for the delay in checking on her.  When I didn't get a response from her I feared this outcome and looked for an online obituary.  I knew enough details about Betty to know how to search for the obituary and when one didn't pop up online I exhaled just a bit. 

I thought she might have gone forward with the cardiac procedure they were thinking about and perhaps she was in recovery.  I read your post, went online and there it was - first search result - her obituary.

I am so glad that you and she had lunch before she passed.  I am comforted in knowing that she is reunited with Merle and I extend my sympathy to her family.

Honored Contributor

I posted the following on the memory wall for Betty.  I hope that you all don't mind that I spoke for all of us.  In the event that her children have to go through emails they are going to find one from me asking Betty how she is doing.  I don't want the kids to have this email hanging out there and the post on the memory wall has my name on it - I included my state too.

Betty was on facebook so I know they are cool with that - don't know how much they know about the Q or community - not that we're some dirty secret.  I'm so rattled right now that I'm not expressing myself clearly.

"I knew Betty from an online forum that we participated in for many years. I enjoyed our conversations and occasional email exchanges. On behalf of the ladies that chatted with Betty and myself, I extend our sincere sympathy to the family and friends that knew and loved Betty best. She was a joy to chat with; warm and kind with a wonderful sense of humor."

Bernadette (Michigan)