Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

hey all

busy day for me

grocery shop day

playing catch up since coming home

ok guys later

Trusted Contributor

leeny,glad you got to talk with your surgeon,I understand you not wanting surgery. I postponed mine a few years ago,but finally hade to give in,actually it wasn't that bad,and I recovered without any PT. 
I have degenerative disc disease in my entire lower back. My whole lower back is held together with rods,pins and screws,with a little bone graft that he took from my hip. I'm glad I had it done and was lucky enough to go to Johns Hopkins which is not to far away. It's a huge decision for sure and I can understand why you don't/can't have it done now.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually don't sleep very well,no matter what I take or do. Was really sleeping well about 5 this morning when the two owls conversing woke me up. They seem to stay in the area and I've been lucky enough to see them a few times in the daytime. One sits next door on our neighbors AC unit during the day. He's very handsome!

Went online today,read about owls. It's mating season and it's the female we heard calling to her mate. Wish she'd get in the mood at a better time 😂

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@Bird mama 

I am glad you understand. Yup, 6 screws, 3 on each side where my "pesticules" ( spelling) are cracked or broken. I don't have a lot of stability. With needing a bone density test and labs to make sure I don't have osteoporosis that will also be a deciding factor. Right now I am playing it close to the vest. I know I am not a young chicken, but I am not some old stewing hen yet..lol. or at least I don't think I am. I'll just have to play it careful and don't over do it like @possummink  says. My floors need scrubbing and I hate to ask my DD, but I really have no choice right now. She works full time and she has her own home to take care of, but mopping and vacuuming are not  something I can do right now. 

Where is Hazel when you need her?? lol

@Leeny   LOL, please keep your wonderful sense of humor, it gets us through the worst times.

Honored Contributor

Wow @viva923  you are lucky having all them cardinals.  I consider myself lucky if I get one couple a year.  Such beautiful birds.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Yea all birds get a little rowdy and obnoxious this time a year @Epicurean 

Honored Contributor

No truer words spoken/written @mousiegirl   If I didn't have a sense of humor I would have been in a rubber room years ago.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Yup, we need to keep our sense of humor around here and everywhere we go. My kids think I am crazy sometimes, but that's normal. If we can't laugh at our selves than ??? Life is tough and I try to make the best of it. Sometimes it isn't easy, but what the heck is the alternative? being an old grump? lol. Life is too darn short for that.Heart

Honored Contributor

hello all

for years we would have a cardinal/blue jay during winter seasons.

this year there is a massive amount of cardinals hanging around here. there is a woods that surrounds our development all I can think of there is a huge nest of the cards that are hanging around.

not much here today

very wet here, rain predicted till possible monday even heard going into tuesday. DC under flood watch/warn around. so far it is wet but nothing substantial right now for us.

ok guys later.