May be an image of tree, sky and text that says 'Bonne Nuit Good Night esc'

Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

May be an image of flower, outdoors and text

Honored Contributor

This is me, all over @mousiegirl 

@mousiegirl wrote:

I copied this from another thread, too good to pass up, lol.

Some people know how to navigate office politics.  I have never had the patience for that since I started working at the age of 18.  When management would ask my opinion about something work related I would say, are you asking me to tell you what you want to hear or do you want to know what I really think - there may a difference between the two and if you ask me what I think I am going to tell you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@possummink   Mary Kay, I wasn't 100% sure where G.G. (still working on a name) went after they (keeping it gender neutral) frolicked in my yard on Monday.  Yesterday was garbage pick up day and I put my garbage to the curb the morning of because I don't like looking at garbage bags in front of my house. GG was standing near the Alberta spruce near my driveway and when the garage door rolled up GG dashed behing the shrub and went under the front porch.  Suffice it to say I was thrilled.

It rained most of the day yesterday so after the morning sighting I saw no signs of GG.  Early this morning I tossed salt free peanuts on the patio as well as bird seed.  I wash the stainless steel water bowl daily so I did that and got everything ready for the wildlife.

The squirrels ate first and when I looked out of the kitchen window, there was GG eating seeds and peanuts.  GG's hair looks longer than Gerry's however I think it's because GGs skin is loose - too thin.  Gerry used to emerge every spring a little thinner than before hibernation but not much.  Gerry had the luxury of eating up a storm and packing on weight before hibernation.  GG did not have that luxury so I really need to fatten GG up.  I am thrilled that GG has figured out that the patio and my backyard is 'where it's at' as far as food and water goes.  Only took GG two days to connect the dots.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Speaking of ground hogs, I seen a big one coming out of the marsh as my son was driving me home from my appointment. I thought as first is that a badger?, nope it was a ground hog. He was really good sized which shows he/she has been eating quite well. I thought you best stay close to the marsh and not run across the road to to find more goodies or you may get hit. Then I seen a couple walking up the sidewalk a long the marsh and I kind of giggled as I thought, mmm? who is going to be more scared? the couple or the groundhog? lol. I know if it was me he would have scared the day lights out of  me since he was so big.

Respected Contributor

Well I made it through my appointment with the neurosurgeon yesterday. She spent a hour and half with me. I learned a lot, but I will be honest I am no way ready for back surgery right now. DH needs me right now. Plus I need to have a few tests yet to find out if I am even able to have the surgery. I need to make sure I have a bone/mineral density test, which I've never had and some blood work. When she told me I would need 6 screws put into my spine that made me cringe. I'd be late up for about 3 months or so. I am sure I will need this down the road, but just not right now. I'll continue on the conservative treatments right now and see how it goes.

I am so thankful that I don't have any appointments today. DH has one tomorrow for a couple of labs and then the rest of the week is clear. I am so tired of going either for DH or myself, but I still have that visit to the Optomologist for the cataract consultation. Good times. Also my first physical therapy visit into the pool is next week. I hope that goes ok too.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

had some heavy duty rain squall roll thru last night,have had rain off/on this morn. 

did normal chores,did walk,this afternoon thunderstorms are predicted.

it is very cloudy and cool wind off ocean.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text that says '4 Mai Posted by Ephéméride- Seasonal Calendar'

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

May be an image of coffee cup, flower and text that says 'Wednesday Blessings! od Morning!'

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  That is awesome news that GG went under your front porch where Gerry used to live.   I hope GG makes that its home.   She/he sounds like a pretty smart critter, having figured out your patio is it's feeding and watering place.   Fingers crossed he/she stays on your property without visiting that neighbor of yours.  

Honored Contributor

@Leeny 

Leeny.   I sure don't envy you possibly having to face back surgery.  Been there once and that was enough.   I had a laminectomy and was told the next surgery on my back would be fusion of the lumbar spine.  That would result in my not being able to bend down much,  losing a lot of flexibility.   I am not going for that, at least I hope to avoid that.  After that first surgery, I was so doggoned sore every move was excruciating.  I needed help for almost everything, from dressing, bathing, even most personal chores,   Could barely pull up my underwear.   

I know you are caretaker for your husband pretty much,  and he does need you to help him but you need to be sure and take care of yourself. Part of my back problems came to be while I was caretaker for my mom, who would have horrendous falls and I'd have to pick her up as she wasnn't able get up herself.    I also had to turn her over in bed for various reasons.  She needed lots of care and I was glad I could do that for her, but my back paid a price.   Just be careful lifting anything or carrying anything remotely heavy.  I know it's not possible to avoid all of that, you have to do what you have to do.   Just take time for yourself when you can and be safe.  

A dermatologist appointment for me tomorrow.   We have heavy rain forecast with the possibility of some severe storms.   Hate to see red on the weather map, or even orange or yellow.   Just green for rain is fine.  

🌨⛈💧⚡🩹💊🩺💉😏🙄👍💕