Respected Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

@Bird mama 

Boy, that is saying something for Sunbeam. I've went through a lot of irons in my day. From the time I went out on my own and almost 49 years of marriage. I even wore out a Rowenta..lol. I never said, I never ironed, I just have never loved it. I think the one I have now is about 10 years old and it is on its way out. It's a Black & Decker. I didn't pay much as I figured I didn't iron like I use to. 

@Bird mama wrote:

@Leeny  I still have my first ironing board and my first iron that I bought when I started working at 18.  You know the iron is old because it was a Sunbeam made in the USA, rofl.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I have a lampost in my front yard. @viva923 .  My husband moved the post closer to the front porch and I have one of those 'magic eye'  things where the light comes on at night and turns off at sunrise.  I've replaced the magic eye twice  - winter here in Michigan takes a toll on that thing.  There was a time you could pick them up in home depot.  Last year I had to order it online and I was surprised at the cost but bought it anyway. You know now that I am thinking about it I should probably order another magic eye and put it on the side.  God know it I'll be able to find one the next time the new one gives out.  

@Bird mama   Years ago, whenever I bought something and DH remarked, I told him that I had to get it as it may never be available again, so for years he would say to me, "better get 'em," lol.

Honored Contributor

I copied this from another thread, too good to pass up, lol.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird, nature and tree

A lady here in Missouri finally got a tennant in here owl house.  Really a nice looking owl house.   A Barred Owl has moved in so the lady is quite excited and happy.   I would be too.  

Honored Contributor

The Ospreys seem to be making themselves right at home in the Great Horned Owl nest.  Lunch is served!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  I am glad that you have a groundhog again and hope too that he/she takes up residence in Gerry's old home.   Hoping also that he doesn't go visit your next door neighbor.    Shame on her for being cruel to critters.  

I have at least two of them living right near the house and maybe having an alternate den near the woods as I see the big one, Piggy,  coming up from that area now and then and then coming to the area where they stay near the house.   Many times I see Piggy eating with the birds, not sure what part of the seed mix he likes, it might be the peanuts or dried fruit.  The birds seem to accept him/her.  Might be sunflower seed too,  just don't know. 

Yesterday and again today,  I've had at least 5 male Rosebreasted Grosebeaks coming to the feeders and at least 3 females too.  Didn't see the Indigo Buntings today, but then I wasn't home for most of the afternoon, haircut and grocery shopping,  then the chore of putting all of the stuff away.   Did have to fill the feeders twice.  

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Anımals should not require our permission to live on earth. Anımals were given given the right to be here long before we arrived"'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of tree and nature