Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

hello all

Hellie,surgery ain't no fun,but a negative biopsy is excellent news .

not much else this afternoon

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo  Thank you for sharing the good news.  I've made note of your surgery date where I can see it in my office. You have the results and you have experience with the colon prep.  Much of the unknown has been brought out into the open.  I'm hoping this additional knowledge will ease your mind a bit so that you can go on your train trip and enjoy it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

hellie jo, glad your biopsy was neg. Still,no fun going through that surgery. We will all be thinking of you and sending love and prayers your way.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

beginning to cloud up,that stalled out weather front sitting in atlantic is moving westward again going to be with us for another 4-5 days

did normal chores

hung out clothes hope all dry

got morn walk in later guys

Honored Contributor

Some parts of the state got rain yesterday.  It was cloudy yet bright around me and the temps were nice.  I enjoyed being able to open some windows and get fresh air.  The outdoor birds had lots of say and I enjoyed listening to their conversation even if I couldn't understand most of it.  The female duck swung by for a quick visit.  I have not seen the groundhog since the last time I mentioned him/her - I think it's been a week. 

I continue to declutter the garage and garage addition.  At this point there isn't much more to get rid of; I'm just reorganizing. 

I bought a pair of these solar lights last fall/winter for the graves at the pet cemetery.  I've been doing this a long time (almost 30 years) and I try really hard to not repeat a design, lol.  

Display Product Image 1

It's a clear carved rose solar light (brand is Patriot, sold by Menards). I stumbled across it in the garden department when I was looking for lined utility gloves.

I'm going to swing by the cemetery this morning and put these out by the graves.  I did grocery shopping on Tuesday and of course on Wednesday the postal carrier left the notice and bag about their food collection this coming Saturday.  I'll stop off at Meijer's on the way home and shop for the food collection.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Birdmama!!  I am so enjoying watching our Baltimore Orieles here now! They only stick around about two weeks, and they came on Monday. They are enjoying the grape jelly I have out for them. They are so pretty.

Last year we only had one, so we are enjoying a lot more this year!  Saw one hummingbird, we have just black ones, no colors. They look like a big black misquito!  Since I fell in Feb. my ribs are healed, but my S I joint isn't yet, but I think a little better so I hope to get back to making bread today. That is my plan. 

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean   How lovely to see a post from you Gloria Jean.  It's been a long time Heart  I'm sorry that you feel down, hurt your ribs and threw out your SI joint.  I did something crazy to my SI joint last year.  It was my stupidity lifting the fridge a bit to prop it on some wood to clean the coils underneath.  I was positioned incorrectly and it took well over a week to work that twinge in my SI joint out.

I hope your SI gets better sooner rather than later.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo 

Hellie Jo,   I am so happy for you after reading about the results of your biopsy.  Awesome news.   I am sending prayers for a very successful surgery for you with a complete and quick recovery with no visits to the ICU.   

Your train trip sounds wonderful and I am hoping you'll be able to enjoy it to the fullest.  

Our weather for the past 3 days has been "August'' like,  hot, humid, miserable.   Broke a record yesterday 94 with heat indexes above 100.  I am not ready for this kind of heat, but then I never am.   That's why Winter and Autumn are my favorite seasons.   

Have a terrific Thursday ,  Everyone. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

super duper busy day,will check in later when i have more time

Honored Contributor

May be an image of 1 person and text