Respected Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

@hellie jo 

Oh, every time you talk about your train ride, I get envious. I know I shouldn't, but I do. Where are you going on your train trip? I would love to take a train around the USA if I could and stop off at the spots I've always wanted to visit. Unfortunately that will never happen. I want to go out to the west coast to Oregon and down to CA. then back to the Midwest. My health will have to be in better shape than it is, plus DH isn't in traveling shape either. 

I hope you have the time of your life. Heart

Honored Contributor

As we were coming back home today we saw two Great Blue Herons fly over, and one lit in the top of a pine tree across the street.

We were quite surprised and delighted.  We've never seen one in our neighborhood!  

Esteemed Contributor

Carble is a board game with marbles and cards. It can be a fun game if you know it well.  I have to learn.

One of my classmate girlfriends told me that she knows a family who has an eagle nest near their house, and everytime someone leaves the house they get attacked!! Now that wouldn't be good to have near you at all!! I'm sure they had to call someone to get rid of it, very carefully.

On a funnier note, I got a voicemail today saying that I won on Publisher's Clearing House!! How can I win anything when I never entered!! They must sure think I'm a fool!  No, I won't call that number to find out what I won.

Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@gloriajean 

The best part sounds like the rhubarb desert Woman Happy

I've never heard of the game Carble. Glad to hear your birds are enjoying the grape jelly. 

Oh it was for sure!!!! It was delicious!!

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@possummink 

Failure to yield, meant they are saying, you were at fault?? I'd have fought that to the hilt. Lucky for DD the woman pleaded responsiblity for running the red light, plus having a witness didn't hurt. DD was going about 43 in a 45mph zone and the gal coming off the ramp and turning into traffic on the red had to be going at least 55-60 mph. DD still hasn't heard what the damages are. 

She did talk to the insurance adjuster and is going to seek lost wages, being a RN is no chump change. I don't know how that will go. 

Tomorrow DH gets his ultra sound on his liver. I still don't understand what this blood work showed that indicated an ultra sound to be done.??? I guess we will find out soon enough. 

These are suppose to be those wonderful golden years. I guess we missed that boat, train, or bus??? 

@Leeny 

Leeny,  I think you meant this for Bernie, BirdMama, about the accident and the 'Failure to yield.

Prayers for good results tomorrow for your DH ultra sound.  Hope all is ok.   🙏🙏🙂

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Sweets dreams....'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text that says '19 Mai GEORGIANNALANE Posté/FB Page Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text that says 'Nappy Thursday Ûh'dm by skylark's dream'

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

had some heavy rain over night

still heavy cloud cover,a peak of sunshine every now/then.

have my eye check at 1230pm today.

did normal chores

did morn walk

not much else later all

Respected Contributor

@possummink 

You are right, it was for @Bird mama , but that is ok. I do screw up, time to time. 

DH wasn't able to have the ultra sound. He was to fast for this, but nobody told us that. Nice huh. So back we go next Thursday. He was fuming... 

@possummink wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@possummink 

Failure to yield, meant they are saying, you were at fault?? I'd have fought that to the hilt. Lucky for DD the woman pleaded responsiblity for running the red light, plus having a witness didn't hurt. DD was going about 43 in a 45mph zone and the gal coming off the ramp and turning into traffic on the red had to be going at least 55-60 mph. DD still hasn't heard what the damages are. 

She did talk to the insurance adjuster and is going to seek lost wages, being a RN is no chump change. I don't know how that will go. 

Tomorrow DH gets his ultra sound on his liver. I still don't understand what this blood work showed that indicated an ultra sound to be done.??? I guess we will find out soon enough. 

These are suppose to be those wonderful golden years. I guess we missed that boat, train, or bus??? 

@Leeny 

Leeny,  I think you meant this for Bernie, BirdMama, about the accident and the 'Failure to yield.

Prayers for good results tomorrow for your DH ultra sound.  Hope all is ok.   🙏🙏🙂