Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

@viva923 

I got an extended warranty for nine years on my car.  And I got the tire and wheel warranty for seven years.  (Doesn't cover buying new tires, just damage.)  

It drove the cost of the car up quite a bit, but for me being alone, I thought it was worth it.  I like the idea of just going to the dealership for everything instead of trying to figure out which repair shop I have to take my car.  Although I still have to do that with my old car.

I don't drive much and I hope to be able to keep this car for a long time, so my initial dealer warranties usually run out before I reach the mileage limit.  With all the electronics on these new vehicles I've heard they can be expensive when some of that stuff goes out.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@viva923   I had that happen to me once Viva, when I filled my tank I didn't fasten the cap on tight enough.  Eventually the light went off.  If nothing else, it's a good idea to see what's out there and what the prices are like these days.  My local news says new cars, used cars, basically all cars are like 20% more expensive since the pandemic hit than in the before times.  

I just bought a 2020 small SUV with 6800 miles on it for almost what it would have cost me to order a 2022.  But they can't guarantee a delivery date and there are no other similar models at nearby dealers.

From what everyone tells me I was lucky to have gotten this used one.  I happened to stop at the dealer the day after they had gotten it in trade.  It was scheduled to go on the internet that afternoon.  My friends said it would have been sold before the end of the day if I hadn't put down a deposit.  

I don't know if all that's true, but my car was older than @viva923 's.  It was getting to the point I was leery to drive it in case I got stranded somewhere.  It may or may not have been a good move on my part, but it's done.

🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

hello all

massive phone problems at my house once again,verizon was out here today and it made the problem worse.down to 1 phone,my computer phone is now gone. am tired of the mess verizon is leaving me.

verizon is coming back out tomorrow once again to see if they can correct the problem.

dh spent the morn changing car junk around,he cleaned out a lot of junk from old car  to put into new car

our new name for new car is MR. TIBBS. it is from heat of the night

did chores,did walk,later guys.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on your new car!! My beutician buys RAV4's I think you will love it. 

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your new car @viva923   Depending on the price of the tires that I buy, I may or may not get the warranty.  I understand where your husband is coming from.  I'm gonna be 60 this year and I've been driving since I was 16.  As the one daughter in the family who routinely had bad luck with tires and changed them on on freeways, sidestreets, you name it, tires aren't made like they used to be.  I never warranteed anything and I mean anything with the dealer.  Now, replacement tires from Discount Tires?  Yea, because they don't welch out on the warranties.

Just a touch of trivia, lol.  When I worked in downtown Detroit and they were resurfacing the Lodge Freeway which is what I took to get to the Southfield location of my company I was getting flats left and right.  Girl I got so good at changing tires... I worked in IT and was wearing a skirted suit (skirt was longer) and 3 inch pumps on the way to a client meeting with a Marketing rep in Southfield.  Got a flat and changed out that flat for the donut in the trunk in a skirted suit, 3 inch heels and didn't get a smudge on me.  Those were the days.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

You were told the truth @geezerette   The need for used cars with low mileage in good shape has been insane.  I bought my 2017 Nissan Altima is October 2017 and put miles on it for the 6 months I worked before I retired.  I retired and do most of what I call neighborhood driving.  I think I finally cracked the 10,000 mile mark on the car, I gotta check that.

The car is garaged and it looks brand new.  Last year everyone and their father (since it was mostly men) kept calling me from one Nissan dealer or the other bugging me to sell them the car.  When I went for maintenance they nagged me.  Finally I said, put this in your computer - SHE IS NOT SELLING.

Honored Contributor

@viva923   I like the name of your new car.  My husband's and subsequently mine 1999 Camaro was named Cricket.  I named it Cricket because there was a belt or roller that chirped like a cricket.  The name stuck because when I would call the dealer to schedule an appointment for the Camaro I would say, hello I'm calling to make an appointment - Cricket needs an oil change.  They would say, hey Bernadette how are you, lol.

Incidentally I had them go all over that car and they never found what made Cricket chirp. 

My Altima is named Camille. 

Honored Contributor

hey to all

WOW WHAT A MORN i had,

had 3 workmen all show up within 3 hour time.

air cond maintenance guy check the air cond to make sure it is ready for running come summer

Verizon guy-he found out the guy yesterday broke some connection in my outdoor connect to house box with all the wiring and such for inside phone (landline),he fixed that,then my lawn guys showed,they mowed.

no walk this morn, finally got out at 1pm it was raining,i cut walk short but at least i got out for something of a walk.

that is about all for now,later guys

Honored Contributor

May be a cartoon of text that says 'HAPPY MONDAY! COFFEE AND JELLY BEANS HAVE A GREAT DAY.'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of cake, rose, indoor and text that says 'Happy Week Posted by The skylark's dream'