Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

hey all

have heard about the terrible heat wave in mid section of the U.S.. it is an Omega block, over the mid section of the country causing the heat wave,we are on the wet side of the omega block. been raining off/on all day going to be like this till monday

my 19 yr old car is acting up again. dh is going to run it over to auto zone this afternoon for a diagnosic check.my check engine light is on constant,can't get it in to car dealership till tuesday next week.. it is free at auto zone see what happens. going to look at new cars tomorrow at toyota world check them out to see cost. 19 yrs for ownership is a long time, is it worth repairing my car again. so don't know what i want to do.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hello all

DH just took my car over to auto zone did a diagnostic test,the test came back as a slow leaky gas cap. dh bought a new cap cap for 8 bucks, light still on,but was told that the light should go off driving a bit.,see what happens.

still going to check new cars tomorrow.i think it's time,dh is also thinking that too. see what we can find. ok later guys.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Here it is Friday already. I don't know where these days are going. I had to go out (of course) to pick up a couple of things. Wound up being more than I as planning on. I try to get these items all at once, but it never fails there is something I missed or didn't need it at the time. 

I went to Walmart to pick up the compression brace for my knee/leg. I'll have to see if that helps any. I tried to get in and out as fast as I could, which isn't fast at all. Woman Frustrated

I thought I'd fill the gas tank up as the prices are going up and up, it is now at $4.14. I am glad I don't do a ton of driving and I think it is going to get even less. 

Good News!! We had two hummingbirds at our feeder this afternoon. DH said these sure were good sized ones. Maybe they were the scouts that will lead the rest of the pack in..LOL.Woman LOLRufous Hummingbird Perched on a Feeder. A male Rufous Hummingbird perched on a feeder royalty free stock photo

Honored Contributor

Yes we have colorful hummingbirds here in Michigan @gloriajean   I don't put out hummingbird feeders however my late sister used to have quite the number of hummingbirds swing by her feeder. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@viva923   I had that happen to me once Viva, when I filled my tank I didn't fasten the cap on tight enough.  Eventually the light went off.  If nothing else, it's a good idea to see what's out there and what the prices are like these days.  My local news says new cars, used cars, basically all cars are like 20% more expensive since the pandemic hit than in the before times.  

Honored Contributor

I think my sister said gas was like $4.40 a gallon.  @Leeny   I just talked to her about an hour ago and you would think I would remember the amount.  

I did the grocery shopping on Tuesday and thought well, that's done.  Then on Wednesday the postal carrier put that notice in the mailbox about their food drive which is tomorrow.  Grrrr.  I always support postal carrier food drives so I had to go back to the grocery store yesterday.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama and all who have colorful hummingbirds, you are lucky!  

Well I did it - first time since I fell Feb. 1st. I baked 3 loaves of Oatmeal Bread, and it went fine, no ouches!! Fresh homemade bread for supper was wonderful!  Aroma is wonderful!  

Honored Contributor

Nothing compares to the smell of fresh bread in the house @gloriajean  

Honored Contributor

hey guys

we did it,

the diagnosic was run on my car at toyota place,said 3 emission sensore went bad those are not cheap. so 

we bit the bullit,bought a new car

2022 RAV4 4door car front wheel drive.covered with warrenties on everything except tires,dh said no to that why ????? i wished we could have gotten that. anyway, it is here at the house

have to take it back when car alarm comes in for installation.

ok guys.later am exhausted.

Trusted Contributor

viva,best of luck with your new car.