Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

May be an image of rose and outdoors

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and outdoors

Respected Contributor

@hellie jo 

Good to hear that your biopsy was negative. Now we will all be pulling for you that the surgery will go good for you. I know there is no fun in any type of surgery, but you have some insight to what to expect. We all hope you will do fine without any complications. 

I will say I do envy you on your train trip. That's another thing on my bucket list. I want to take the train out to the west coast and get off to spend time at the ocean. It's been decades since I rode the train. Heart

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @possummink @viva923 @gloriajean @Epicurean 

I took a couple of days off from checking in as I have been trying  to take it easy. Trying being the operative word. Some things just need to get done daily and it just takes us a lot longer to get anything done these days.

Pool therapy went well. Oh it felt so good to get in that warm water and do some stretches. They are so busy in that department and my next appointment is the 27th. 

Yesterday I went to see the optomologist regarding my cataracts. At least those have not gotten worse, so no surgery in the near horizon for those. 

It's been hotter than Hades here yesterday and today. We broke our 1940 record of 90! Today it got up to 95 with a heat index of 99. The humidity is horrific as usual. Cooler temps are heading our way for the weekend and I will take them. 

I was going to go over to Walgreens to look at knee compression braces, but it was just too hot. This heat affects me terribly. My arthritis and fibromyalgia hates it too. 

I hope all of you are doing ok. Take care in this heat.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  Yikes that is hot.  It's currently 84 degrees and I'm already looking forward to the cool front that is supposed to move through my state this weekend.  All you can do is try your best to take it easy.  I'm glad that the pool therapy went well and felt good. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text that says 'Happy Friday Posted by The skylark's T dream'

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@gloriajean   How lovely to see a post from you Gloria Jean.  It's been a long time Heart  I'm sorry that you feel down, hurt your ribs and threw out your SI joint.  I did something crazy to my SI joint last year.  It was my stupidity lifting the fridge a bit to prop it on some wood to clean the coils underneath.  I was positioned incorrectly and it took well over a week to work that twinge in my SI joint out.

I hope your SI gets better sooner rather than later.

Hi Bird mama, I'm sorry you, too, had problems with that SI, but you got over it faster, I don't know how long this will take.  I plan on a walk sometime today, hoping it will let me.  We had a couple storms yesterday afternoon and night, and my Oriele's haven't been back, hope the wind didn't blow them away!  I miss them.  Do you have pretty hummingbirds where you live? We don't, just black.