Respected Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

@hellie jo  

Sounds like you made out like a bandit Woman Happy Good for you! I don't know how @Bird mama  does it, but good that she is able to do it. I use to be like that about 20 years ago. Now it's a faint memory. 

I am hurting today due to the rain and dampness outside. Kids are coming over around 4pm. Our youngest is bringing pizza and wings over here as I am sure not cooking or baking. 

Just getting up, showered and dressed is a chore. I did make breakfast, but nothing difficult.

Yesterday our son got my lawn chairs out on the patio and my rocking chair. 

I have one hanging planter and my wind chimes out and my solar lights in the ground. Thank God for our son or it would all be in the garage yet. I am waiting for the birds to finish out the feeder so I can hang my hummingbird feeder out. Those sparrow sure make a mess. Now, I see I need a new outdoor mat by the front door. It's always something. 

Hope everyone is having a nice day and @Bird mama  you take it easy today. Heart

@hellie jo Good Luck with getting your results!!

Honored Contributor

I have a minor correction - it was an Advil, not an Aleve that I took last night.  I'm one of those people who rarely takes something for pain; the bottles usually expire before it's half empty.  I sipped my morning coffee, hung out with my inside birds and piddled around online until around noonish.  Fired up the lawnmower and did the backyard.  Short of a few uneven areas, I didn't have much grass.  Our lawn waste is a separate pickup and I've seen the guys fling the bags.  If got rid of so much grass/dirt from edging there is no way a man would have been able to pick it up even if I split it in two bags.  God knows I forgot to start a new bag when I was working and by 5:30 yesterday afternoon, I was dragging that bag up the driveway with rubber soled shoes on my feet and the bag was still winning.

The pick up guys won't be expecting the bag to weigh as much as a dead body so I split the edging waste amongst 4 bags.  The grass mowing front and back barely filled up a bag.  I also have to think about getting it from my garage to the curb via my driveway.  I'd rather have some manageable bags I can put in the wheelbarrow (2 at a time) and wheel down the driveway.  I started doing that a couple of years ago - why torque my back or shoulder when the wheelbarrow is right there.

I hit the Home Depot again after I cut the grass.  I bought a short hose to replace the one that goes from the hose-mobile to the house.  I think the hose-mobile was leaky because that connector hose was shot.  Boy was I mad when I went to remove the new hose nozzle that I bought last fall.  Like a dumba** when I put the hose in the garage last fall I forgot to remove the hose nozzle.  I was getting rid of the old heavy rubber hoses anyway so I thought, maybe pliers will release it.  Nope.  So while I was at Home Depot I bought a new hose nozzle. Grabbed 3 bottles of weed b gone concentrate. 

I treated the front yard yesterday after I pulled and thought about doing my neighbor's side of my backyard.  I saw a butterfly flutter over my head when I was on the patio and said, yea, not yet Bernie they need to be able to feed someplace while they are waiting for flowers to come up.

I went to Little Caesars and grabbed carryout pizza and crazy bread.  I treated myself to their M&M brownies since it's mother's day and God knows I mother most living things around me even if they are not my natural kids.

I didn't try them yet, maybe later.

The sun is shining and it's 64 degrees.  I've worked hard this weekend and I think I'm gonna have a bubble bath later Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

have doctor check today at hospital with uroligist for implant 6 month check to make sure all is OK, it is.

did not hang out today,

lawn man cut the lawn

still to damp,wind still off ocean nor'east wind, we have beautiful sunshine still drying out outside,easier to put all in dryer-doctor appoint at hospital (good 1 hour drive one way),lawn man, just throw in dryer to get things done before i have to leave.

ok guys got to run.later all

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Hello All!~~~~

Well, here it is another Monday Monday. We managed to get 3 loads of clothes washed and dryed and folded and put away. That is a huge feat for us anymore. DH had to be at the clinic for another INR this morning. It was good, now he doesn't have to go back for 2 weeks. That's the same clinic that he will be seeing the cardiologist. 

Tomorrow, I finally can get in to get my hair trimmed. I look like flopsy, mopsy and cotton tail wrapped all into one. In the afternoon I get to go for my physical therapy in the pool. I don't know how that is going to go, but hopefully all we be good.

DH is trying to sweep the seeds up from our patio as those sparrows still have just a little bit to finish in the feeder. What a mess!!

I need to get a new front door mat as ours is literally falling apart. I will try and pick one up tomorrow as DH just got a call and needs a change in mg for his warafin so I'll be picking that up at the same time. These don't sound like big deals normally, but with the walker or a cane and  trying to get around in the store is like a huge undertaking anymore.

It's getting sticky here and we are heading in the 80's for all week long plus rain showers off and on. humidity is going to be high all week. I don't want to complain, but I hate humidity. lol

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I placed a call with the heating and cooling place to find out when I was on the schedule to finish the install.  At the time it was too cold and rainy to charge the AC with coolant.  Josh came out this afternoon and checked things inside and out and charged the AC.  It's not hot enough for me to us the A/C however it's nice to know that it's ready.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

sheet day,got all clothes outside today,HOORAY,no rain for a change on a tuesday. clothes are drying excellent, gusty winds and very sunny, even tho it is a nor'east wind.

3 loads wash,2 loads taken down and put away.

that is about all for now,later guys

Respected Contributor

Hello all. My biopsy results are negative. Got the call this morning. Surgery date is June27th. The growth still has to be removed as it would continue to grow and then it could become cancerous. More of my colon will also be removed. The day before surgery I have that nasty prep (like you have for a colonoscopy) and start antibiotics. I had to have a surgery like this 6 years ago and it did not go so well and I ended up in ICU.Have to be positive and this one will be fine.In about 2 weeks DH and I will go on our train trip and when we get back DH will go on his motorcycle trip with a bunch of guys for 3 weeks. If the biopsy was cancer then I would have to have the surgery sooner and we would have had to cancel our trips.It will take me a while to recuperate from the surgery.

It is 80 degrees here and mostly sunny with a nice breeze.Beautiful!

Have a great week.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Hello all. My biopsy results are negative. Got the call this morning. Surgery date is June27th. The growth still has to be removed as it would continue to grow and then it could become cancerous. More of my colon will also be removed. The day before surgery I have that nasty prep (like you have for a colonoscopy) and start antibiotics. I had to have a surgery like this 6 years ago and it did not go so well and I ended up in ICU.Have to be positive and this one will be fine.In about 2 weeks DH and I will go on our train trip and when we get back DH will go on his motorcycle trip with a bunch of guys for 3 weeks. If the biopsy was cancer then I would have to have the surgery sooner and we would have had to cancel our trips.It will take me a while to recuperate from the surgery.

It is 80 degrees here and mostly sunny with a nice breeze.Beautiful!

Have a great week.

@hellie jo   Wonderful news that the result was negative, but surgery is no fun no matter what.  I am hoping for it to go smoothly with no complications during or after, and that you will return home quickly. Smiley Happy