Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for April 2022

hey all

we are losing electric tonight begin at 10pm for 2=4 hours. UGH!!!!!!

DH AND I made up our meal plan for easter. turkey b rest with bone in cooked in cook bag with orange/apple . 

not much else today,did normal monday chores

did morn walk

ok guys  later

Trusted Contributor

hellie jo,I see a pain management physician,so yes,I have a few options to which to choose from.thanks for asking 

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

You know, that is what I am going to ask for, is a Pain Manager and I want the best one they have. By the time I see my physical medicine doctor I'll need something or someone to help me out of this mess.

I did laundry all morning, which use to take me just a couple of hours. DH can't help, he hasn't enough strength to even sort clothing. I hate Monday's. Took his oxygen monitor to the clinic and Thank God, an employee came out to assist DH out of the car, but thankfully he took the monitor and returned it to the pulmonary dept., whew, that saved a lot of walking. 

I think we all need a vacation to Hawaii. Woman Happy

My walker came in handy this morning to help push the clothes baskets. I think I need to hire @viva923 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Leeny,if I may give you a hint,as an ex-nurse. If you look for a pain management physician make sure there a certified anesthesiologist. As they study the central nervous system and are way better qualified to treat pain. Don't know what I'd do without mine,I'm worried all the time that he might retire soon.

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

Oh, I know what you mean about doctor's retiring. I've had just about all my doctor's hang it up. The only one that hasn't left is my urologist. Also  my physical medicine doctors have not left yet either, they are still fairly young. 

I go to Mayo Clinic and I will not let anyone touch me without being a certified doctor; others can examine me, but that is as far as that goes.. I know my physical medicine doctor didn't want me to be seen by a physical therapist until I received my MRI and she had seen me at the follow up visit. My DD is an RN also. Nothing slips by her either.

. The waiting is just about doing me in. 

@Epicurean wrote:

Leeny,if I may give you a hint,as an ex-nurse. If you look for a pain management physician make sure there a certified anesthesiologist. As they study the central nervous system and are way better qualified to treat pain. Don't know what I'd do without mine,I'm worried all the time that he might retire soon.

Trusted Contributor

Leeney,glad to read that you go to the Mayo Clinic,no problem finding good Drs' there,plus your daughters info.For my back surgery I went to Johns Hopkins. We're lucky we have access to exceptional medical care as so many do not, especially senior citizens 

Honored Contributor

hello all

electric was off from 10pm to 315am or so this morn. it was awful sleeping that backround noise was not there..am exhausted today

sheet day was going to hang out, guess what it rained this morn. sun finally came about half hour ago but i had already washed and dryer dried the clothes maybe tomorrow hang out

not much else,later guys

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

You sure can say that again regarding having good health care. I just wish I could move things a long a little faster, but then that's just me. I think because of Easter coming this weekend I just would like to feel a little better. 

@Epicurean wrote:

Leeney,glad to read that you go to the Mayo Clinic,no problem finding good Drs' there,plus your daughters info.For my back surgery I went to Johns Hopkins. We're lucky we have access to exceptional medical care as so many do not, especially senior citizens 

Respected Contributor

@viva923 

Speaking of electricity being out, ours went out this afternoon for about 2 hours. Right at dinner time. We are totally reliant on electricity. We had no lights, no TV, no computer, no water.. nothing. Thank God it was restored about 5PM. So I know what it feels like. We had severe weather this afternoon,winds and rain. Some more coming tonight. 

I have a dentist appointment in the morning. I wish that was scheduled for another day and month. 

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

electric was off from 10pm to 315am or so this morn. it was awful sleeping that backround noise was not there..am exhausted today

sheet day was going to hang out, guess what it rained this morn. sun finally came about half hour ago but i had already washed and dryer dried the clothes maybe tomorrow hang out

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

hello all

have a doc check at 1140am today. it is with a nurse practionier think i have a bladder/urinary tract infect. it hit me with a ton of bricks yesterday. go in see if it is one or is my implant causing problems,do not see uroligist till mid may

ok guys later