Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for April 2022

hey all

not to much going on here

did normal chores,

did morn walk

did hang out today,have sunshine with a fairly good breeze,still on chilly side.

dh will be home at 12 noon today, has a dental check at 1pm.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

got our #4 moderna shot today.

so far not much soreness or chills like that past 3 times.

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

That's just it, I can't take anti-inflammatory drugs due to stomach issues. I am having my EMG tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it at all.

@Epicurean wrote:

Leeny,I sympathize with you. I also suffer from this. Can't do much but take anti inflammatory mec. Mine comes and goes

Respected Contributor

I've been up since 5:30 am and that is not anywhere near my normal rise and shine time. Laundry needed to get done early since DH had an early appointment at the clinic. His INR is totally out of wack due to the antibiotic he took last week. Now we need to get that straightened out. He needs to eat a good amount of broccoli.. good thing he likes it. Plus they cut out his blood thinner for a couple of days. 

Tomorrow I get the EMG. Thank God our youngest son is able to take me over to the hospital for that. I told him I would call him when I get done so he doesn't have to sit around waiting for me. 

I can't get into physical therapy until Friday the 22nd. That was the earliest I could get in. I hope I will be able to hang in there until then.DD will be taking me to that.

I am so exhausted. DH can't help with much as he is still weak and fatigued. I think he and I are one big mess right now. Never in my long born days did I  think we'd get like this. 

Honored Contributor

Ahhh @Leeny I didn't know your beloved has INR concerns.  My sister Anna had genetic blood clotting issues discovered later in her life.  If the consistency of his blood is too thin, that could explain his fatigue too.  Sigh.  It's hard to find the perfect balance isn't it.  I'm really sorry that you have to undergo an EMG.  My Ma had to have a couple of those when I was younger for her right arm and man did she hate having to go.  

Right now things are off kilter for the both of you.  I have faith and will pray that things even out for you both healthwise.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Lenny,sorry to read that. Just wondering,have you tried Biofreeze? It a gel that I use a lot. Comes over the counter. Helps me a lot,I use it all over,wherever I have pain. My pain management Dr. does a lot for me,do you see one? He also prescribed lidocaine patches. You can buy them at drugstore,but the RX is stronger Good luck,will be thinking good thoughts for you & hubby

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

I've been up since 5:30 am and that is not anywhere near my normal rise and shine time. Laundry needed to get done early since DH had an early appointment at the clinic. His INR is totally out of wack due to the antibiotic he took last week. Now we need to get that straightened out. He needs to eat a good amount of broccoli.. good thing he likes it. Plus they cut out his blood thinner for a couple of days. 

Tomorrow I get the EMG. Thank God our youngest son is able to take me over to the hospital for that. I told him I would call him when I get done so he doesn't have to sit around waiting for me. 

I can't get into physical therapy until Friday the 22nd. That was the earliest I could get in. I hope I will be able to hang in there until then.DD will be taking me to that.

I am so exhausted. DH can't help with much as he is still weak and fatigued. I think he and I are one big mess right now. Never in my long born days did I  think we'd get like this. 

@Leeny   Here's hoping that the test will not be very unpleasant, hate tests, but sometimes they are necessary.  Some days are the pits, but we plough on. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a funny story.  It starts out not funny - I've been talking to my SILs in AZ alot the past few days.  One of my SIL lost her partner of over 40 years, he died in his sleep while she was in another room working from home on day last week.  Since my other SIL is also a widow we were talking about urns, final resting places, etc. yesterday.

They had niches for their final resting places.  Their other brother passed away in 2020 and he is in his niche.  Both sisters have niches above and to the right of the brother.  They asked if I would be willing to send them some of my husband's ashes so when they are laid to rest, all 4 siblings will be 'together'.  I said sure, why not and asked my husband's urn if he was ready to do some travelling Woman Very Happy

I am only able to have a sense of humor about this because it's been over 15 years since he passed and I think he would be pleased to be included, even partially, with them.

So, I carefully bag two small amounts of ashes in separate zip lock bags and put both bags into a small decorative tin.  I bubble wrap the heck out of the small tin, but it in a bubble mailer and head to post office.  I see at the self service kiosk that ashes have restrictions and like an @ss I go to the counter.  Keep in mind, we are not shipping the entire container that I received from the crematory here.  I get the lowdown of how this has to be shipped, am told it will cost $28 and I think it's a one time thing, pay it.

They tell me I have to put the bubble mailer into a box.  After I do that the box increases the weight and cost to $46.  I asked the clerk if she was kidding me.  Lord have mercy, they slapped orange cremated remains stickers on 4 sides of the box.  A guy walks out from the back as me and the clerk are talking and he says, that's how you have to do it and that's the cost.  I said, okay, give me the shipping label and the box that contains what - my husband's baby toe or baby finger?  I ain't paying that.  I said his siblings will reunite with him when they get to the other side.  Woman Very Happy  

Now, this may or may not be funny to you.  I had checked twitter this morning and saw horrific images out of Bucha and my soul was aching.  When I left the post office and got into the car, I started laughing.  I laughed because the clerk and the guy behind her almost flinched when I said, gimme my husband's baby toe or baby finger.  Hey maybe you just had to be there.

Time for Plan B - which I can't talk about in an open forum Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I have a funny story.  It starts out not funny - I've been talking to my SILs in AZ alot the past few days.  One of my SIL lost her partner of over 40 years, he died in his sleep while she was in another room working from home on day last week.  Since my other SIL is also a widow we were talking about urns, final resting places, etc. yesterday.

They had niches for their final resting places.  Their other brother passed away in 2020 and he is in his niche.  Both sisters have niches above and to the right of the brother.  They asked if I would be willing to send them some of my husband's ashes so when they are laid to rest, all 4 siblings will be 'together'.  I said sure, why not and asked my husband's urn if he was ready to do some travelling Woman Very Happy

I am only able to have a sense of humor about this because it's been over 15 years since he passed and I think he would be pleased to be included, even partially, with them.

So, I carefully bag two small amounts of ashes in separate zip lock bags and put both bags into a small decorative tin.  I bubble wrap the heck out of the small tin, but it in a bubble mailer and head to post office.  I see at the self service kiosk that ashes have restrictions and like an @ss I go to the counter.  Keep in mind, we are not shipping the entire container that I received from the crematory here.  I get the lowdown of how this has to be shipped, am told it will cost $28 and I think it's a one time thing, pay it.

They tell me I have to put the bubble mailer into a box.  After I do that the box increases the weight and cost to $46.  I asked the clerk if she was kidding me.  Lord have mercy, they slapped orange cremated remains stickers on 4 sides of the box.  A guy walks out from the back as me and the clerk are talking and he says, that's how you have to do it and that's the cost.  I said, okay, give me the shipping label and the box that contains what - my husband's baby toe or baby finger?  I ain't paying that.  I said his siblings will reunite with him when they get to the other side.  Woman Very Happy  

Now, this may or may not be funny to you.  I had checked twitter this morning and saw horrific images out of Bucha and my soul was aching.  When I left the post office and got into the car, I started laughing.  I laughed because the clerk and the guy behind her almost flinched when I said, gimme my husband's baby toe or baby finger.  Hey maybe you just had to be there.

Time for Plan B - which I can't talk about in an open forum Woman Wink

@Bird mama   LOL, I wouldn't go to the counter, as you now know, just mail it.  When my Father's ashes were sent to me, I was told the package would be disguised so the post office won't know what it is.  I think all that was done was a personal return address on the package instead of the mortuary.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Good Morning Birdie,

Oh yes, DH has been on Warafin for years, more than I can count. Ever since his open heart sugery. That's been 19 years ago and even before then.His blood yesterday was the thinest it has been to my recolletion. Yes, it is a balancing act and lately that seems to be our whole lives, balancing every which way.

Birdie to tell you the truth, I am not looking forward to this EMG. It's one thing to have it in one leg, but to have it in both. But I do want to get to the bottom of why my leg gave out on me last Wednesday and also why I've had these bad charlie horses for so long. I hope those things have not damaged my muscles some how. 

Waiting for DH Doctor to call regarding his oxygen test. I forsee he will now need that too. 

Cheers to 2022 so far.

Thank you so much for the thoughts and good prayers, we need them Woman Sad