Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for April 2022

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

Hi everyone, I took a quick look at posts since the beginning of April trying to catch up.  I am sorry to hear that some posters are having medical issues.  I hope that all works out for all of you. 

I am doing pretty good but still having a difficult time accepting that I have a bag and will have it for the rest of my life but DH keeps telling me that I am lucky that I am alive and I do know that he is right. I am walking around and doing choirs and cooking but DH does help me.  Without him I could not have done it all.  He is still helping me with changing and emptying the bag.  It is a long story that I won't go into but I am still quarantined due to not having all the vaccines work due to infusions and shots and also missing some.  DH still does the grocery shopping and he still goes when the store opens in the morning and he is still wearing a mask so that he does not give anything to me. Thank goodness neither of us have had Covid so far.  Still have not seen DD or sis in a very long time but thank goodness warmer weather is coming and we can get together outdoors.

The weather here is still up and down but getting better as each day goes by.  Our daffodils are blooming and a few other spring shrubs. 

Sorry that I have not posted sooner but am having a difficult time with my hands.  I am refusing to go to the doctors because I know that it will be all sorts of testing at different offices and hospitals and with Covid still around I am holding off. 

Well. fingers and hands are starting to act up so I will close for now.  I miss chatting with all of you.  Take care everyone.

@luvsbulldogs   So good to hear from you.  I had no idea that you had had "the" surgery, but at least now, all of the pain is gone, I assume, though other issues to deal with.

I know what you mean about tests as nauseam, so I try to cure myself of whatever I can rather than go to the doctor, but of course, there are some issues at some time which force me to go.

In time, you will learn to manage. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Oh girl, he takes 3 pills early in the morning and 3 around noon time or 1pm at the latest. He had congestive heart failure and retains fluid around the heart due to the heart valve problem. I hope by the time he has his echogram on Friday they can reduce that amount of dieretics. He's on Toresemide. 

I just now got my linens in the washer and dryer and am washing a new set of sheets. I need to get our comforter to the laundromat as it's just too large and heavy for our washer. I also got the mattress turned until we can get the new one. I want a pillow top flip one, we now have a no flip and I hate it and so does DH. If you could have seen how I had to do it, you would have----well lets just say you would have @@@@ Well, I heard the dryer beep so I best see if all is dry.

Honored Contributor

Yea @Leeny   If it happens in life, at some point it will become a discussion here Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs   I don't have to words to express how happy I am to see your post.  

You suffered with intestinal/colon issues/disease for years and yes, it's a miracle that you didn't die.  That said, from the time you were born, your body functioned a certain way and now that has been rerouted.  You are entitled to grieve for that which is not there anymore. 

If you are still on infusions of biologics that suppress your immune system I can understand why the vaccine is on hold or delayed. 

My late sister had rheumatoid arthritis and fibrolmyalgia.  Out of the blue she developed Guillain-Barré in late 2015.  It took months to figure out what in the heck she had (not a common disease) and she was given one infusion of something that was either going to work or not.  GB paralyzed one leg and one arm (opposite sides of the body).  When her limbs started to wake, here came the arthritis pain.  She was told by the neurologist and rheumatologist that they did not recommend her resuming infusions for her rheumatoid arthritis.

I understand how a person needs to avoid or be extra cautious about any kind of injection if they've received immuno-suppressant drugs.

When you can and when you feel like it, just drop a 'hello' so we don't worry Heart

Honored Contributor

hey all

Birdmama, your first paragraph to Luvs was so great,you said the exact words I want to say but can never think of them properly and write them down on paper properly. Thank you for expressing it so well.

not much here today

did normal chores,

did morn walk

clothes in dryer/it is a very cool gray day wind off ocean so it is a damp wind.

ok guys later. lawn guys just left, did a great job today. ok later guys

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aww thanks @viva923   After my husband died my doctor recommended that I talk to a therapist.  She loaned me a book first written in the mid 1970's called How to Survive the Loss of a Love.  You would think this book was solely about losing a spouse or significant other.  It's been years since I read it - I'd swear it was more prose or poetry than a step by step guide of how to get through loss.  I learned alot about loss.  Most people would think loss as in death.  It can be loss of a job or career, loss of a loved one via death, loss of identity that sometimes parents feel when their kids leave home.  It can be loss of independence due to illness or injury.

There are so many losses we experience in life before we even start hitting the big ones, the permanent ones like death.  I personally think it's healthy to acknowledge the loss and grieve it. 

Some neighbors of mine have cut their grass already.  It was 81 degrees in my town yesterday and I probably could have fired up the lawn mower.  I didn't because the grass is not a length I think needs to be cut yet.  I did take advantage of the soft earth from the rain Saturday night and again this morning from last nights rain to pop out a few weeds.  We know the next door neighbor of mine practically has a seizure when she sees a dandelion so I pulled the few that sprang up along her side of my house on Saturday.

I usually weed along that side of my front of the house and that side of my backyard.  If I use weedkiller at all it's after I pluck the weed and check the root.  If I didn't get it all, I shoot some weed killer in the hole.

Yea it's more labor intensive that way however I'd rather do it that way then spray a dandelion and a poor bee not know there's weed killer on it and die because of me.

There is wildlife out there that eat the dandelions (bunnies and groundhogs for sure).  If folks were patient, nature would take care of the problem.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirlthanks for your kind words.  I am the same about first trying to cure myself.  I go in 2 weeks for my yearly physical so I will probably mention my fingers and hand problem. 

I hope that you and your family are all well! 

I sure do miss chatting with you guys!  Will try to chat when I can. 

Respected Contributor

@viva923I am like you about never knowing what to say.  I miss charring with all of you and will try to keep in touch. You take care of yourself.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mamaI totally agree with Viva about you always knowing what to say.  I too admire you for that.  I will look into the disease that your sister had.  Thank you for your kind words.

My husband just recently joined the Landscaping Committee in our little community. He love gardening as I did as well.  Gives him something to do.

The both of us retired as of December 2021 from our company and also retired the company as well.  We are now cleaning out the office.   

It sounds like you are keeping busy.  I hope that you and your beautiful bird family are all well. 

I will definltely keep in touch. 

I will

Honored Contributor

hello all

our friends are not coming down this way, her job just called her to another part of the country (she travels a huge amount of time for the job she has) anyway, her job says don't go there, go here,so maybe July when she can make the trip this way.

not much else going on, been quiet here today. ok guys later