Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest September 2021

@Epicurean wrote:

So sorry for the mistake. Guess I had a "senior" moment.

hope possummink reads my post.

@Epicurean 

No big deal -- I have those 'senior' moments all the time!😉  And sometimes it gets hard for me to follow all the quoted posts and who wrote what.

I'm sure @possummink will read your post and will appreciate your thoughtfulness.❤️

Honored Contributor

@possummink   I gave @luvsbulldogs a shout out in last month's thread  and haven't heard anything yet.  I'm so sorry that your oldest GS's girlfriend is so sick with Covid.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Yea @viva923  I was following scientic reports out of different countries last year and so many people were having strokes from blood clots.  I also read about folks need dialysis when covid hit their kidneys.  I honestly think they missed an opportunity by calling it flu like or respiratory and if they would have spelled out what was happening with folks circulatory systems some folks might have taken it a bit more seriously.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'Happy Saturday'

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean 

Epicurian and all my Friends here,  Thank you for the kind and comforting words about the loss of my Moose.   Your thoughts and kindness do help make it easier to deal with the emtiness and 'what ifs' that missing him causes.    I didn't realize just how much life and fun and love he brought to my home till he left.   Last week at this time I had no idea that he had such a serious illness.  It was so sudden it seems.  💔

Thank you again for your sweet thoughts and words.  

Honored Contributor

May be an image of ‎rose and ‎text that says '‎Buongiorno Good حيم morning ENA FEROLINA The skylark's dream‎'‎‎

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here,

went to kohl's this morn found 4 pair of walker shoes, going to check them out.

did chores, not much else, later guys

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink   Although our Rita lived a few more years than your beloved Moose we had a similar experience with untreatable kidney failure.  She was ripping and running around on Sunday and acting finecky about food and water on Tuesday.  I wouldn't say that I have that munch hausen by proxy (yes I probably spelled that wrong) .. I didn't mess around when something looked off in our cats or dogs.  Kidney failure and in those days not alot of options.

I was inconsolable and asked the vet how I missed it.  Dr Carter told me that cats have a knack for hiding illness.  That experience with Rita marked me.  Poor Max (the dog) saw the vet whenever I thought something looked off.  There were times they assured me he was fine and didn't even charge me. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@possummink   Although our Rita lived a few more years than your beloved Moose we had a similar experience with untreatable kidney failure.  She was ripping and running around on Sunday and acting finecky about food and water on Tuesday.  I wouldn't say that I have that munch hausen by proxy (yes I probably spelled that wrong) .. I didn't mess around when something looked off in our cats or dogs.  Kidney failure and in those days not alot of options.

I was inconsolable and asked the vet how I missed it.  Dr Carter told me that cats have a knack for hiding illness.  That experience with Rita marked me.  Poor Max (the dog) saw the vet whenever I thought something looked off.  There were times they assured me he was fine and didn't even charge me. 

@Bird mama 

Bernie,   I sure get the inconsolable,  it's still so raw and vivid to me.  It's kind of like the heart of the house is gone.   Moose sure made life more interesting, challenging, fun and unpredictable.   I never knew what he'd get into or do next.   He was always coming to me,  wanting to be petted, fed, sitting on me or next to me and if not there, on my feet and if they were propped up, he'd lay on my shoes and sleep on them.   I have had to deal with kidney problems with past kitty furbabies.   Not an easy illness easy as if any are.   I didn't know you had a kitty.  Love the name Rita.  🥰😼

I know there wasn't probably much the vets could have done,  but maybe if they'd found it sooner he'd have had a chance other than the invasive and probably debilitating chemo and radiation they mentioned as a possibility  with no good long term outlook.   

I may be going nutty but I've heard a kitty meow 2 times,  once a bit ago and once yesterday and it sounded like him.   He sounded like a little kitten when he would meow.   I looked around when I heard it, but didn't see anything.  The sound yesterday was so like him, but I know it couldn't be.   Knowing Moose,  I wouldn't put it past him to go over to God's throne and climb up on His lap.   Moose didn't know the word "no''.   I know he's making Heavenly residents smile for sure, but I still want him with me.   Guess it is what it is.  💔💖😾 💖

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.