Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest September 2021

hey all

founda  cute cat outside my house this morn, am not an animal person, say HI,pet them that is my speed. it was a baby cat, had a white color on neck so must be a pet of someone's.

have my shoe appoint for saturday at my shoe store for some more of my good walkers shoes. they only make appoints at this store, brooks is my favorite but he said they are very low on brooks but he should find some other good walkers in another brand for me to walk in. I purchased a couple pair ofshoes from KOHL"s. they are going back, my feet are blisters today. am a walking band aid station today. these shoes at shoe store are expensive but they are good and don't give me blisters.

not much else guys today. later

Had some heavy duty rain squalls all night long, still showery took walk with umbrella up today.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette   Cats are fun while making a bed also, attacking the sheets while in the air, lol.

I once had a puppy that would attack my fuzzy slippers and stay attached as I walked, lol.  I think if I didn't have pets, I would hardly laugh, smile yes.

Honored Contributor

@viva923   I am not surprised them Kohl shoes hurt your feet.  When I was growing up my Ma took me to Frank's Florsheim across the street from Sears and Roebucks.  Yea they sold men's shoes but they also sold good quality children's shoes.  That's where we got properly fitted for our school shoes and dressy shoes.  Ma would concede a little on the Keds gym shoes.  Then again Keds gym shoes used to be made better.

When my eldest sister started to have kids (she had two daughters) I remember seeing them in some Kmart shoes.  I was maybe 20 at the time and said, what in heck is that on your daughter's foot?  Have you lost your mind?  She got made at me and told me to mind my own business and I said, I'm telling Ma, lol.

Me and middle sister were single and working and we took the kids to Buster Brown shoe store and had the kids properly fitted for school and casual shoes.  When you have non supportive shoes in the house around kids you know kids gonna wear some of the fast fashion cheaper shoes.  My eldest niece (now 41) is the only kid I knew who could be on her feet for what I thought wasn't a long time and act like her feet were breaking.

Meanwhile I was raised with good quality shoes as a kid which is what enabled me to indulge my high heel obsession and allow me to wear 3 + inch heels at work and still not have fallen arches, bunions or corns.

Bottom line:  When it comes to your feet you have to go with quality well made $hoe$.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Oh yes, cats and sheets!  Newly washed and dried sheets!  Both my cats like to get under the fitted sheet while I'm trying to put it on the bed.  They must think this is a grand game because every week I have two lumps under my sheet after it get it on the bed.

I had a little dog that liked to ride along on my fuzzy slippers too!  Funny how cats and dogs are so much alike sometimes.

If it weren't for my animals in the past few years, I don't think I'd be smiling or laughing much at all.  They really brighten your day.  They also can be big pains sometimes too!😆

Honored Contributor

May be an image of prairie gentian, rose and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of nature, grass and tree

Honored Contributor

May be an image of nature

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird and nature

Honored Contributor

May be an image of nature and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of ‎1 person, flower and ‎text that says '‎Happy Friday ۔by The skylark's dream‎'‎‎