Outer Banks Sunrise-- Hatteras Island, North Carolina

Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest - September 2018

IMG_6878

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Our outside here in Florida is just like the above except the moon isn't visible,  just the lightning and rain plus the thunder.   Love evenings and nights like this with thunderstorms,  no wind, though.  Do NOT LIKE wind storms.  It's been like this for about 10 or more days,  late afternoon and evening thunderstorms,  though some have come earlier in the day.  It's so humid outside it's like breathing underwater, and I know all about that stuff.   Well, not quite that bad,  but it's hard to do anything without working up a sweat.  

Fred is in his usual place on the patio when there's rain falling.  He loves to sleep in his chair which is under the covered part of the patio.  Smart kitty, he appreciates the good things in nature.  Me too!!! Cat Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

"Perched Monarch" by Steven Escamilla: Monarch butterfly perched on a butterfly bush.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Honored Contributor

Good and Blessed Morning to All

Honored Contributor

G+

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Once again sorry for not posting more often.  I am still in a Crohns flare-up and have been catching up on doctors appointments.  I got my flu shot the other day and this is the first time I had a reaction to it.  DH usually has a reaction but this time he did not but I did.  The Fall seems to be my time of the year for yearly tests and they started last week.

@Bird mama  our daughter owned and ran a daycare and in the beginning I worked for here as an aide.  We had lots of children who's doctors said that they were ADD or ADHD and wanted to put them right on meds and a lot chose other methods first and some worked for them.  I agree with you 100%.  Try other methods first and the meds as a last resort. 

@possumminkit sounds like your getting close to the big move.  It does sound like things are working out well so far for all.  I think it was a great decision to give Fred to the woman that recently lost her cat.  I hope that she keeps in touch with all of you about how he is doing.  It must have been terribly hard to do and I am sure as you mentioned that everyone misses him.  I hope that things continue well for you and your family with the move.  Just think you will be going to Hawaii to visit.  How nice is that!!!  How is your daughter doing with her Crohns?  I know that she suffers badly with it.

@mousiegirlour DD is on the board and volunteers for a dog rescue and they all come from Puerto Rico.  It is so sad to hear what they go through and when they arrive here most all seem to actually be thankful to be here and are so sweet. 

@Winifred  I hope things are getting better for you and that little Ricky made it to school.  I hope that you are feeling better!

We had an extremely hot summer here and just recently it cooled down but the heat will be back in a few days but I am hoping not for long!  We are expecting heavy rains and storms starting tomorrow.  Hoping we keep the power!

It appears that the hummingbirds have headed south for the winter.  We only saw 1 female yesterday and our DD also saw 1.  We are thinking that they are passerbys.  We sure do miss them already!

Take care all and stay safe!!!

Honored Contributor

Pictures of cute animals enjoying autumn, from hedgehogs and pigs to pugs and owls.

Hi Luvsbulldogs,   I hope your Crohn's flare up is becoming less painful and is calming down.   My daughter had a pretty bad flare up a couple of weeks ago.  She had a blockage, something she's not had in quite some time.  She's had such painful side effects from this terrible illness.  There's nothing much she can do other than go to bed and try to rest.  She had her chemo infusion a week after the flare up  and is doing better. 

It was FrootLoop, the bird,  who was to go to the lady who had just lost her Conure of 27 years old.  Fred, the cat, is still here and will be going to Hawaii in December with my youngest GS.  Until then he'll be living at my grandson's apartment over near Orlando.  I'm not sure how Fred is going to adjust to a new home, the apartment.  He's missing the family now here at the only home he's ever known.  It's just Fred and me this week.   My son and his wife are house hunting.   Got some beautiful photos my son sent over cell phones of the waters around Honolulu.   The color of the water is amazing and so clear.    My daughter in law sent a picture of a Hawaiian cardinal , a Red Crested Cardinal sitting in a tree.  It's a beautiful bird and I  posted a picture below this, though not hers.  

~~

I will get my flu shot when I get home and see my PC guy in October.  I didn't want to see him right after getting home.  Too much other stuff to do,  like unpacking all the boxes I've shipped and am still packing and shipping.  Amazing how much stuff I have accumulated down here over 17 years.  Did give some away and plan to give a whole lot more away once I get back home and settle in knowing I don't have to leave again soon.   

It's been rainy here with thunderstorms almost every day.  Today they hit early afternoon and then this evening we had more thunderstorms and rain.   Looks like the East Coast may get hit by Hurricane Florence.  I hope it's not too bad.   Hurricane Olivia is headed toward Hawaii,  kind of an active season now. 

Take care of yourself.  I sure hope you feel better soon.  Heart