Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest - September 2018

It's been really hot and humid the past few days and the outdoor animals are feeling it.  Poor squirrels are flattening themselves out on the grass, shaded concrete - any place to get some relief.

Because of a slight dip in my patio, if I run some water from the hose, I can create a shallow pool.  I usually sweep this off after rain so I don't develop slippery algae - don't need to break my hip, lol.

Yesterday I swept off anything from the night before.  Grayson came out with me and after I filled the birdbath and the bowl, he looked like he wanted a shower.  The water was cool so I said, okay and he took a shower outside.  I scrubbed off the patio after his shower and made a little pool of clean water.

The pigeons won't drink out of the bath or bowl (but the mourning doves do) so pigeons had some water to drink and the little sparrows took baths.

I kept refilling the water so they could cool themselves off.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

30+ Cute DIY Bird Bath Ideas To Enhance Your Garden

Bernies swimming pool for birds,  Cat Very Happy

That's cool that you made a little swimming hole aka bathtub for the feathered friends.   Your birdies sure get treated well and that's really cool for them.   Safe place, good food,  water and a 'pool' if they want.  Heart   Bet Grayson loves all that interaction too. Heart

Honored Contributor

Wing It: 11 Approaches to a DIY Birdbath

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the grey cat I mentioned that hangs around on my property.  DH dug up a dead plant on a large steep slope a week ago, and the cat thought the hole was a great place to nap, lol.  I zoomed in, what a look on it's face, lol.DSCF7601.JPG

Respected Contributor

Ricky is doing fine in school - his teacher praised him today for following instructions. Wow for sure! He went to Riverside County Mental Health this a.m. - 8 a.m. appointment and it is NOT in this city - OUCH - and he spent a good 1 1/2 hours there - went very well. this is a followup as I do not prefer he be on Adderal at such a young age If necessary of course but I want to make sure. Then back home, lolled around for a small amount of time and BACK to school. Got him home and I tore down to Toyota as my maintenance check was way overdue and I was upset about that. got home and found out I had to make another trip - to San Bernardino and back home. I am exhausted - three drives to other cities in one day is a bit much for this old lady these days.

Tomorrow I do the school routine with Ricky and then I am off to ANOTHER City for a breathing/walking test to hopefully get a small portable oxygen concentrator. Not looking forward to that as it is a walking test and I am already tired LOL

Have a good day one and all And by the way, suppose to get back up into the low 100s. grrr.

Honored Contributor

antique dictionary art prints birds

Winifred,   That's good news about Ricky doing well in school.   I'm glad the teacher gave him some praise as that will keep him trying hard.  I hope she keeps that up when it's deserved.   

You sure do keep busy.   I miss my car but tomorrow I'm getting a rental car so I can go to different places I like to visit and used to go to when I had access to a car.  Now the grandson's have them and my son and his wife share one.  Not enough room in the garage and driveway for all the cars needed.  They will be house hunting in Hawaii for the next several days so having a car will be great for me.   I only have about 10 more days here before flying home.   

October is going to be busy with doctor visits I've had to postpone due to the   move and selling of this house.  I had one visit in Aug.  2 here in Sept and had to move them to October.  Plus I need to set up a Mammo, and another doctor.   I liked it when I had one or maybe two doctors and that was it.  Co pays are budget killers, not that I have a budget, but am on a fixed income.  Oh well, I have it pretty good compared to most persons I think and for that I am grateful and blessed. 

Take care of yourself.  I hope Ricky can help you out around the house.  Pets to Miss Blackie and Ditty, if he'll let you.  Be safe and keep cool. Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Lighthouse and moonlight

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, Wishing Yall A Beautiful Thursday

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  What a beautiful cat.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water