Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest - September 2018

@Bird mama wrote:

@possummink  Is it okay if I ask a question about Fred?  Sometimes I wish I could record my voice so people could hear my sincerity.  The written word can easily be misinterpreted.

Is there any way that Fred could stay in the continental US?  Could he live with the grandson in the condo?  Will Fred be put into quarantine too?  The  successful transport of animals on a plane never makes the evening news.  I only hear about the failures and how things go bad with animals and airlines so I automatically become fearful.

Bernie,  I doubt if Fred will stay with my grandson as he has a lady friend who has 2 cats and 2 dogs.   Fred may come to Missouri for a while depending on his test history for rabies.  They do some kind of panel test before admitting a pet into Hawaii.   He may also if he passes that test fly with my daughter in law who will leave after  my son has already gotten there.  She has to have a week 'class'? or something before she flies there.  

When they were both stationed over in Okinawa, I shipped their two cats, Harley and Tavi, over there to them.  They were there for a couple of years and then had the cats shipped to San Diego where they both lived and then the cats made the move from San Diego/Oceanside here to Tampa.   I would rather that Fred flew with my daughter in law or even my son.  Depends on the testing results. 

If he comes to MO,  I'll probably have to send him to Hawaii.  I guess we'll know more when they find a place to live over there.  

Honored Contributor

@possummink  Wow, I learned something new Woman Surprised  I never knew that cats tolerated that kind of travel so well.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: outdoor and water

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday!

Honored Contributor

Bernie,  A new plan for Fred.   He's going to live with my grandson who is at college up near Orlando.  My grandson has an apartment, shared with another student at that college.  They have a screened in patio, like my son has,  but a lot smaller.  At least Fred will be able to sit out there and nap like he does here. 

When my grandson goes to Hawaii for Christmas, he'll take Fred along with him,  so Fred won't have to fly to Missouri.   My daughter in law will drive Fred up to her son's apartment close to the end of September.  Fred loves this grandson and used to spend hours with him in his bedroom.  I think/hope this works out for Fred.   He's such a sweet cat and loves petting and cuddling.    He loves to nap for hours upon hours at a time.  Then he moves from one sofa to the other sofa .  Heart

Honored Contributor

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@possummink  I hope so too.  How old is Fred?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

Bernie,  A new plan for Fred.   He's going to live with my grandson who is at college up near Orlando.  My grandson has an apartment, shared with another student at that college.  They have a screened in patio, like my son has,  but a lot smaller.  At least Fred will be able to sit out there and nap like he does here. 

When my grandson goes to Hawaii for Christmas, he'll take Fred along with him,  so Fred won't have to fly to Missouri.   My daughter in law will drive Fred up to her son's apartment close to the end of September.  Fred loves this grandson and used to spend hours with him in his bedroom.  I think/hope this works out for Fred.   He's such a sweet cat and loves petting and cuddling.    He loves to nap for hours upon hours at a time.  Then he moves from one sofa to the other sofa .  Heart

@possummink  Wonderful!  the picture is also wonderful. Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@possummink  I hope so too.  How old is Fred?

Image may contain: people sitting, cat and indoor

Bernie,  Fred is 9 years old.   He was rescued off of a nearby street just about 9 years ago this week.   He was a couple of months old and just wandering around following my oldest GS who was waiting for the school bus to pick him up,  freshman year of HS.    He called my DIL to come get the kitty so it wouldn't get run over.   Well, Fred had no one come to claim him so he became a furry member of the family.   I was here when he arrived here.   He's my couch pal for sure. Heart      He's so soft and keeps himself clean as a whistle.   

His eyes match his fur color.  Heart