Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest - September 2018

Birding Friends,   Below is a post I put on the Cafe thread and thought you might want to know what is going on with my Grandbird, FrootLoopHeart

Hi Cafe Friends,   A bit of news regarding FrootLoop.   A lady in this area lost her Conure bird who was 27 years old.  She was looking for a Conure, as she loves them and needed a companion.   My son and daughter in law gave FrootLoop to this lady today.   They had planned on taking her or having her 'shipped' to Hawaii, but it would have required her being chipped or leg tagged which involved her being sedated.  With that and all the handling by strangers, quarantine, etc. that is required for pets entering Hawaii, they thought it might be way to stressful for FrootLoop and so they decided to let her go to this lady.  Her cages and gyms etc went with her so a lot of her things in her new surroundings will be familiar.   

I think it's for the best for her and though I will miss that little critter,  I know how much better avoiding all the moving hassle will be for her in the long run.    She gave me a good bite yesterday or the day before(days run together at times for me) on my right index knuckle.   She had a good bath last evening and had some hamburger too.   She loves both.   Heart

PS:  The silence here is deafening.   I miss that little critter already.  The rest of the family is up at my youngest GS's university for a day or two.  They rented a truck to take the Clavinova up to him rather than store it or sell it.   The house will be on the market soon and much of the stuff is going into storage or being shipped to Hawaii. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink wrote:

Birding Friends,   Below is a post I put on the Cafe thread and thought you might want to know what is going on with my Grandbird, FrootLoopHeart

Hi Cafe Friends,   A bit of news regarding FrootLoop.   A lady in this area lost her Conure bird who was 27 years old.  She was looking for a Conure, as she loves them and needed a companion.   My son and daughter in law gave FrootLoop to this lady today.   They had planned on taking her or having her 'shipped' to Hawaii, but it would have required her being chipped or leg tagged which involved her being sedated.  With that and all the handling by strangers, quarantine, etc. that is required for pets entering Hawaii, they thought it might be way to stressful for FrootLoop and so they decided to let her go to this lady.  Her cages and gyms etc went with her so a lot of her things in her new surroundings will be familiar.   

I think it's for the best for her and though I will miss that little critter,  I know how much better avoiding all the moving hassle will be for her in the long run.    She gave me a good bite yesterday or the day before(days run together at times for me) on my right index knuckle.   She had a good bath last evening and had some hamburger too.   She loves both.   Heart

PS:  The silence here is deafening.   I miss that little critter already.  The rest of the family is up at my youngest GS's university for a day or two.  They rented a truck to take the Clavinova up to him rather than store it or sell it.   The house will be on the market soon and much of the stuff is going into storage or being shipped to Hawaii. 

Birds Graphics   

@possummink, so good to hear that Froot Loop has a loving new home now vs. having to go through so much just to make the trip to Hawaii. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing your pins with me and/or following me!! To all my Pinterest pals and followers! Stop by and say hello! Love, Debby :) ♡

LifeisGood,   Thank you for the hugs,  I sure neededd them.   I don't know why this is affecting me so much.   I know I am not one who likes change, but this change is minor for me compared to how it will affect my son and his family.   I have a home to go to in Missouri and it's been in our family since 1961.   My son and his wife will probably buy  a smaller place or condo for my middle grandson to live in here and the other two boys will be able to go to that house/condo now and then plus we have good friends near Orlando that they are welcome at any time.   

It is so strange that they will be here in Florida and their parents so far away.   The boys are planning to go to Hawaii for Christmas and for Thanksgiving they'll go to our friends home.   The youngest is 18 and in college near Orlando.  It's just that this house has been their anchor spot for so many years, 17, and soon it won't be a place for them to come back to.  That kind of bothers me for them.  Cat Sad     I worry about Fred too, it's the only home he's ever known and he'll be going to Hawaii to or that's the plan.  He's been keeping me company on the sofa tonight.  Want's to be petted all the time. Cat Very Happy

Thank you again, it means a lot to me. Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Good morning my beautiful girls. Happy Sunday :)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink  I'm writing this with tears in my eyes and I'm sending you a hug across the miles.

Image result for animals hugging

When I learned about the original plans to move Frootloop to Hawaii I was a little fearful for her because airlines don't treat our furry and feathered family members like family. 

I've lived with dogs, cats, fish, turtles, a rabbit and birds in my lifetime.  It's not that the animals I mentioned aren't special, it's just that birds are magical. 

Frootloop has lived in a house of people who catered to her.  She's used to being part of a flock Heart even if that flock includes a cat Woman Wink

So, what is it that makes me teary eyed about your post?  I am moved by the unselfish love that your son and daughter in law showed Frootloop.  They put what is best for Frootloop above anything else Heart

I know you are sad.  How is Fred doing without Frootloop? 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good Morning greetings

Bernie,   Fred is doing fine, just being his sleepy self.   He used to lay up on the back of the sofa and watch FrootLoop, but never really made any moves toward her.   Once in a while she'd get close enough to him to ****** at his nose, but he didn't react very much other than to pull back a bit.  

Thank you for the hug,  they help a lot,  the understanding and support mean a lot to me.    I know it wasn't an easy choice for my son and daughter in law to make.   They both love that little bird.  I hope we can find out how she's adjusting to her new home and mama.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Good Afternoon sister,hope you're having a relaxing one ,xxx

Honored Contributor

@possummink  Is it okay if I ask a question about Fred?  Sometimes I wish I could record my voice so people could hear my sincerity.  The written word can easily be misinterpreted.

Is there any way that Fred could stay in the continental US?  Could he live with the grandson in the condo?  Will Fred be put into quarantine too?  The  successful transport of animals on a plane never makes the evening news.  I only hear about the failures and how things go bad with animals and airlines so I automatically become fearful.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise