Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest - September 2018

Thursday humor | Cat funny | Cute | Almost Friday | Can't wait for the weekend | One more day!

Honored Contributor

Alta

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Forgot to comment when Conrad visited us on Tuesday. Love that doggie. The pictures of the Cardinals are also beautiful - such gorgeous birds. Speaking of birds, noticed late yesterday afternoon my feeders are completely empty. that sure snuck up on me. Probably will not get filled for a few hours. Who knows, may surprise myself and get it done earlier.

Yesterday the birds were everywhere. Even the crows which are normally thick as thieves - and sometimes literally - were quite abundant. They have not been that way most of the summer which has been surprising. So many of nature's wonders seem to have left us slowly through the years. Even the Blue Jays which I really do not like but think they are among the most beautiful birds out there, are very rare now. So strange. and the hummers have never returned in all their wonder. Sigh.

Have a good day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: outdoor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, flower, nature and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

The heat and humidity is returning for a visit so the A/C will be put to work again for the next couple of days.  

When it got chilly (low 70's daytime, mid 50's at night) I didn't hear a peep out of the cicadas.  As soon as it started to warm up, they piped back up.  My sister even noticed when she drives on my street that the loudest concentration of cicada song seems to be coming from my back yard.

I told her, I have a groundhog that drinks out of a water bowl and a couple of ducks returned to my yard this week.  Why would you be surprised that the bugs hang out here too?

It's funny about blue jays.  Sometimes they migrate and sometimes they don't and even the ornithology folks at Cornell don't know why.  I think the blue jays around here decided to migrate south.  I'm not seeing any.

Come to think of it, I'm not seeing robins either. My yard was a go-to desitnation for them in the summer so I don't know where they went.

I have not seen the blonde sparrow for weeks. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Do not disturb.  I am working

Winifred,  I'm sure that Conrad is just helping with planting flowers,  not that he'd dig anything up!!! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird, plant and outdoor