Re: Bird's Nest October 2019 - Harvest Time

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Halloween Wallpaper GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Honored Contributor

Freddie @Winifred   Do you think Miss Blackie is having problems with hair balls?  I've lived with cats alot in my life and it always amazed me that they groom their fur and don't choke to death on that hair.

I can't speak to the formula that is out there today, however I remember my sister giving her cats something called Petmalt or Petromalt. It came in a tube like toothpaste and the cats would lick it off her finger.  

I guess it kind of helped them to pass the hair when they pooped however it never really got rid of the yakking up a hairball.  Every cat I ever lived with fought the hairball.  It's not like they would just spit it up.  They'd be gagging and wretching and I'd be wringing my hands until they got it out.

Miss Blackie is at the philosophical stage of her life.  She quietly meditates on deep thoughts Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text

Honored Contributor

Goodbye October Hello November Quotes Messages

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Freddie @Winifred   Do you think Miss Blackie is having problems with hair balls?  I've lived with cats alot in my life and it always amazed me that they groom their fur and don't choke to death on that hair.

I can't speak to the formula that is out there today, however I remember my sister giving her cats something called Petmalt or Petromalt. It came in a tube like toothpaste and the cats would lick it off her finger.  

I guess it kind of helped them to pass the hair when they pooped however it never really got rid of the yakking up a hairball.  Every cat I ever lived with fought the hairball.  It's not like they would just spit it up.  They'd be gagging and wretching and I'd be wringing my hands until they got it out.

Miss Blackie is at the philosophical stage of her life.  She quietly meditates on deep thoughts Heart

@Bird mama   Nothing like getting up in the middle of the night and stepping in a hair ball in one's bare feet, LOL.  I remember the Petromalt,

Remmy used to hack up hairballs.  The vet didn;t believe me so I took one in, saying, "I know what a hairball looks like, I stepped on a fair number of them," lol.