Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest - November 2023

Happy Thursday | Owl, Horned owl, Animals

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all

LEENY do you remember when we had to go to church on all saints day and and all souls day at least in the upper midwest that was required. went to catholic grade school you were in church for everything ,every day you went to Mass as the whole school did 11am Mass time M-Friday.

got morn walk in

dh did weekly grocery shop

all put away

not much else. later guys

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, and others who may enjoy this DIY silliness (I know Bernie is a diyer). Last week, I had to replace my wall-mounted bedside lamps. The one on my side quit about 3 weeks ago, about the same time as my Kindle quit (I read in bed every night before I go to sleep) Well, when the Kindle went out, I pulled out an actual book, but without my lamp, that didn't work very well, lol. Anyway, I looked at Home Depot, Menard's, etc, but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I ordered from Amazon, of course. They came and I talked myself into starting the changeover, honestly, I don't know what the heck I was thinking, but I thought I was going to need to hard-wire these lamps. Then, it finally dawned on me that they still had plugs that went into the outlets, so it was just going to be a simple matter of replacing the mounting brackets to the wall. Lol, about 30 minutes and I had both installed. I spent a couple of weeks dreading doing this 30 minute job. (I have, way in the past, replaced wall sockets, so I knew I could do it, I just didn't want to, lol). Hope everyone has a nice day.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1  Funny you should mention needing wiring.  In the Shopaholics thread I just talking about getting rid of a range hood that plugged in.  I learned most range hoods need to be hardwired and suffice it to say, I am still thinking about what I can attach under the cabinet (over the stovetop) that plugs in because I'm not inclined to pull the outlet and try to hardwire a range hood.  Love things that plug in, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday! | Owl, Animals, Animals beautiful

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all

not a good day

we will leave it at that. later all

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday | Beautiful birds, Pet birds, Owl

Honored Contributor

hello all

much better day, things just snowballed out of control yesterday.

not much today

cloudy damp and chilly

laundramat run done, all folded and put away. winter wash is so much more, blankets,pj, bathrobes.

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

Yesterday took car in for oil change/ winterization. Today, made a "start" on leaves. It was a small start, but a start, at any rate.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

November is here and our backyard is covered,I mean covered in leaves. Too look at the trees it seems as though not one leaf has fallen. I have always love November,esp Thanksgiving,but this year I dread the thought of the holidays as I'm sure our daughter has no interest at all seeing as her hubby passed away last Christmas. Oh well,things will get better as time heals. It's still nice here weather wise. Hope you all have a good weekend.