Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest - March 2021

May be an image of text that says 'Happy Monday wishing you a great start of the day GOOD MORNING'

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

It sure seems like a long time since I last posted or was even on the computer. 

Several weeks ago I somehow ended up with a bad case of Cellulitis.  I went to open a bottle and felt a little ping in my wrist.  Went to bed and woke up with my right arm 3 times its size and all red and painful.   It was a Friday.  I had an appointment with my Dentist for Sat. morning and he noticed my arm and told me to get to the ER right away.  Ended up at the ER and they quickly gave me an infusion of an antibiotic and a script for another antibiotic.  Also wanted me back the next day so I did and it was spreading so they changed my meds and had me go back on the 3rd day.  Turned out that the new med seemed to stop the spreading.  Followed up at my doctors office and they also felt that I popped a blood vessel and sprained my wrist.  Could not use my arm at all and it still was painful.  Told me to use warm heat on the Cellulitis and cold on the wrist. 

On Tues. we went for our 2nd Covid vaccine.  All went well with that.  Just a little soreness where I received the injection. 

The same week I had another Dental appointment to have a crown replaced, a little dental work and replaced with a temporary crown to which I cannot chew on for 3 weeks.

I finished the antibiotics and so far so good with the Cellulitis not returning.  My wrist is still swollen and painful so am limited to the use of it. 

I have not had a chance to read what is happening with all of you but eventually will try catch up. 

The weather here has been in the upper 60's and low 70's .......too hot for me and so suddenly.  The bears have been seen on our road with a little damage done and so we all received an email to take down our bird feeders.  We sadly took ours down today but I left suet on the ground and some seeds for the birds. 

It is to continue to stay warm the rest of the week with some rain possibly along with some thunder on Friday. 

Have seen some bird activity around the bird houses that we have up.  Hopefully we will have tenants again this year. 

In the midst of everything going on my husband took real good care of me for my birthday.  He cooked me my favorite fish dinner ( nice and soft to chew...lol) and got me a large chocolate filled chocolate cupcake for my dessert.  He also gave me a QVC gift card.  I had a very nice day. 

I hope that everyone is well! 

Wrist is starting to hurt so I need to get off of here. I will try to post and catch up when I can. Just did not want you all to think I was ignoring you. 

Take care everyone!

Respected Contributor

@luvsbulldogs  So sorry to hear of your infection.I hope you continue to improve. Happy belated birthday,glad you had a good day.Take care.

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs 

Luvs,  Belated Happy Birthday wishes.   It sounds like you did have a nice one.  Good hubby!!!

I'm glad you are recovering from that cellulitis.   How scary for you.   I'm glad the dentist recommended the ER.   Don't know much about cellulitis, but I've heard of it before and it can be very serious.   I hope you are well on the way to a full recovery.   WoW!!

Sorry you have to take your bird feeders down already.   Mine are under assault from squirrels.  I wish I could be rid of them all.   They are hoggy bullies.   I cut the heck out of my small persimmon tree near the Kitchen Garden feeder.  It was a 'volunteer' and the squirrels used it to leap to my pole feeder.  I also put a collar on it's trunk to keep them from getting up to where I chopped it off.   There's one squirrel who still manages to get up to that feeder and block all my birds from THEIR food.   Makes me so angry,  I bang on the kitchen window to get that pest out of the feeder, but then it's back in a matter of minutes.  I cannot move that feeder due to trees and electrical cable.   Battle on!!! 

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird and outdoors

Honored Contributor

hey all

so busy today could not catch a break,

did a ton of wash, all dried on line

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

I see Conrad snuck in again. Enjoyed looking at all the great pictures. Love this thread and the creativity involved in it.

Getting a bit more difficult to get back here and post each day. Never thought that would happen but it is. Oh well there are those who have it worse than me. I do understand that.

Beautiful day her in Sou Cal but not warm and not freezing either. At least the winds were not swishing through - thank goodness. Suppose to warm up a few degrees tomorrow - we shall see.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs   My goodness you certainly have had it goin on lately luvs.  

Belated birthday greetings to you

Belated Birthday Enclosure Card Messages

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Freddie it's always good to see you, whenever you can make it @Winifred 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise