Honored Contributor

Welcome dear friends and new visitors to the Bird's Nest.

Related image

Image result for birds in summer

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/3/6/342147903-cute-love-birds.jpg

Honored Contributor

Good Morning,

I ended the month of May with a little bit of wild bird excitement Woman Wink

When I retired, I removed certain telephone numbers from my telephone's contact list.  Late yesterday afternoon I was on the phone with my sister when I noticed a call coming in from a number that looked familiar but didn't have a name associated with it.  I ignored it.  I could see a voicemail was left.  Call came in again and I ignored it.  I could see a text was left.  I told Mary, let me get off the phone and see what this is all about.

It was my former manager.  She found a baby robin near the neighbor's pool.  Her backyard and the neighbor's backyard face each other.  How she got into the neighbor's fenced yard to grab the bird is beyond me. 

I said do you have any trees near your property?  She says noI said robins don't usually lose their children and rehabbers don't usually intervene unless you can confirm the death of the parents.  She insists that there are aggressive dogs that will kill the bird. 

As she's talking I get on my computer and stumble across a local bird rescue called Wild Wings Bird Rehab and tell her the location and hours.  She says she will never get it there in time.  Long story short, the purpose of the call was to dump the bird on me and go to bed with a clear conscience. She even texted me asking if I wanted to come get the bird and then figure out where it should go Woman Indifferent

I reach out to the organization and learn they are nearly at capacity.  I text the photos that former manager texted me and lady at the organization tells me she can take the bird.  I arrange to meet the woman after 8:30 at the Hazel Park location since there is no way I will make it to the Rochester Hills location by 6:30.

Meanwhile former manager is trying to guilt me into this by sending me videos of this poor bird in a bucket Woman Surprised.  I tell her, do not try to give it water, you don't know what you are doing.  It's hot as hades outside - keep the bird outside, it doesn't need to get a chill.  I also tell her to get $25 or $30 together to go with the bird because this rescue organizations depend on donations and rehabbing ain't cheap.  Yes I did have the nerve to say that.

I get dressed, she gives me directions to her house and I drive out there - it's not like it's around the corner.

I get there and former manager and her spouse are in the driveway sitting in lounge chairs in front of the attached garage.  In the front yard is a fledgling robin being fed by two adult robins.  Apparently the baby robin chirping in the bucket made the parents come near and former manager put the baby in the front grass of a tree lined street no less.

I sat in the driveway and observed the fledgling eat and preen itself and determined there was no need to rescue and I came home.  I texted the bird rescue, explained it was a false alarm.

Honored Contributor

@meallen616  such pretty birds Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Welcome to June:

https://cdn.nexternal.com/scc/images/bm004.jpg

DH and I enjoy feeding the birds all year long.  We have about 15 feeders and at least 5 baths, along with a lot of trees and bushes in which they can hide.  We've spotted a number of hatched eggs this spring.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie  It's exciting isn't it?  

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

My Hero!

Honored Contributor

I do enjoy watching birds.  Love to watch them splash in the bird bath.  They are so entertaining.

Honored Contributor

Hello June!  Sunflower bouquet

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Good Morning,

I ended the month of May with a little bit of wild bird excitement Woman Wink

When I retired, I removed certain telephone numbers from my telephone's contact list.  Late yesterday afternoon I was on the phone with my sister when I noticed a call coming in from a number that looked familiar but didn't have a name associated with it.  I ignored it.  I could see a voicemail was left.  Call came in again and I ignored it.  I could see a text was left.  I told Mary, let me get off the phone and see what this is all about.

It was my former manager.  She found a baby robin near the neighbor's pool.  Her backyard and the neighbor's backyard face each other.  How she got into the neighbor's fenced yard to grab the bird is beyond me. 

I said do you have any trees near your property?  She says noI said robins don't usually lose their children and rehabbers don't usually intervene unless you can confirm the death of the parents.  She insists that there are aggressive dogs that will kill the bird. 

As she's talking I get on my computer and stumble across a local bird rescue called Wild Wings Bird Rehab and tell her the location and hours.  She says she will never get it there in time.  Long story short, the purpose of the call was to dump the bird on me and go to bed with a clear conscience. She even texted me asking if I wanted to come get the bird and then figure out where it should go Woman Indifferent

I reach out to the organization and learn they are nearly at capacity.  I text the photos that former manager texted me and lady at the organization tells me she can take the bird.  I arrange to meet the woman after 8:30 at the Hazel Park location since there is no way I will make it to the Rochester Hills location by 6:30.

Meanwhile former manager is trying to guilt me into this by sending me videos of this poor bird in a bucket Woman Surprised.  I tell her, do not try to give it water, you don't know what you are doing.  It's hot as hades outside - keep the bird outside, it doesn't need to get a chill.  I also tell her to get $25 or $30 together to go with the bird because this rescue organizations depend on donations and rehabbing ain't cheap.  Yes I did have the nerve to say that.

I get dressed, she gives me directions to her house and I drive out there - it's not like it's around the corner.

I get there and former manager and her spouse are in the driveway sitting in lounge chairs in front of the attached garage.  In the front yard is a fledgling robin being fed by two adult robins.  Apparently the baby robin chirping in the bucket made the parents come near and former manager put the baby in the front grass of a tree lined street no less.

I sat in the driveway and observed the fledgling eat and preen itself and determined there was no need to rescue and I came home.  I texted the bird rescue, explained it was a false alarm.

@Bird mama

All I can say is you have more restraint than I would have in that  situation!😡

(Good thing she’s your former manager.)😄