Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest June 2017 - Baby Birds Everywhere :-)

@Winifred wrote:

Possum, add me to the list of those praying for your brother. It is very spooky not knowing exactly what is wrong but the good sign was I read that he called you saying he was hungry. If he says that, they will give him food any time of the day or night. Keep us posted.

And I got to see that adorable picture of Conrad and even one of Miss Blackie. Cannot imagine her being that serene to let anyone put a bow around her noggin, however. The little girl is trying to make friends with her and I am very pleased that ornery Miss Blackie has shown amazing patience. Still don't quite trust her as she can react sometimes for NO REASON. Trying to teach Leah you pet or rub, not slug, when it comes to our critters. Sigh. Now Ricky would not last one second as he is very rough with dogs and has been that way for some time. Unfortunately that started with friends. They have three lovable pit bulls and they let Ricky beat on them. Hard to break him of that nasty habit.

Going to be super hot next few days - tomorrow I must take Ricky back to Urgent Care to see if they can - HOPEFULLY - remove those stitches from his leg.

Am tired and while the little one isn't quite gone she has gotten quiet - that is a good sign.

@Winifred  I havn't heard the word noggin since my Mother used to say it. Smiley Happy  I find myself at times using words she used, but I never have, wonder why it took me so long, lol.

Those stupid people who let Ricky treat an animal roughly make me furious!  One day, one or all of those dogs could turn on him.  I would break him of the habit quickly, as he is learning it is okay to hit.  This is the problem parents who share custody endure, kids go away and have no discipline so that when they are returned to the primary parent, in this case you, it's back to square one.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

Wow!

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

honey bee:

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!  The weekend is finally here!  We have collected 30 of the best happy Saturday quotes to share.:

Honored Contributor

Hello all, yesterday was just a usual Saturday for me.  Ran a couple of errands, cut the grass, things like that.  I am so saddened by the attack on London - when will it ever stop?  

My grandmothers passed in 1978 and 1981.  I was 16 and 19 and often wonder what they would have thought of the woman I became.  With all the violence going on in the world, sometimes I'm grateful that they are in heaven and are not seeing this (at least from an earthly perspective).

My sister and I will be going to see Wonder Woman this morning.  

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday we had a couple hours of sunshine and then some showers.  More of the same today.  The past 2 summers we were in a drought and just about totally lost of lawn so this years we re-seeded and so the showers and rain each day really helps.  The grass is just starting to pop up.  DH actually misses mowing the lawns.  It is to rain daily through Wed.

We potted all of our flowers and even placed a couple of basil plants in a large planter.  It is beginning to look like summer. 

In the northern part of the State a town was having trouble with a mama bear and her 2 cubs.  They were not afraid of people and were hanging around folks homes so the Fish and game decided to put them down.  Thanks to thousands of people writing them and the Governor the Governor decided to have them trapped and moved to a less populated area.  DD is now having the same problem.  She has 1 mama bear and 1 cub.  It comes during the day and everyday and you cannot scare them off.  DD has a dog and worries that the bear will go after the dog but she does not want to call Fish and Game.  The bear climbs over her fence and she has a pool that she worries the bear might go into.  Should be interesting!

So far no nests or babies this year.  We miss them.  We are loaded with hummingbirds though and are enjoying seeing them at the feeders.  We had to take in the bird feeders because of the bears and so far have not seen any bears here.  We miss seeing all the birds.

Have a great day everyone!

Waving hi to all the birders!!!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

I am curious to see what you thought of the movie?   Always enjoyed Wonder Woman.

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs  I enjoyed the movie.  I learned about WW through the TV series staring Lynda Carter.

As far as the movie is concerned, it starts with Diana being a child and explains her background and the mythologoy, which I didn't know.  I think the actress (Gal Gadot) played the part well - the character stayed somewhat realistic and humble as far as her role in the world.

The special effects were good.  There is some violence in the film so I wouldn't take a little kid to see it, no matter how great it is to see a female 'superhero'.  The rating is PG-13 and I don't think I would go too much younger than maybe 12.

Honored Contributor

:

Hi Birding Friends,   I posted the below text on the Cafe and Widows thread.   I thought it'd be easier to just copy and paste it as I have to leave to do a few errands before heading to the hospital today.  I am so behind in everything. Cat Sad

On Friday night I got to bed about 2 or so am and had to be up by 7 so I could get over to my daughter's condo by 8"30 for my granddaughter's graduation.  It was a long ceremony, about 3 hours and then we went to lunch at a nice little restaurant on Main Street in St. Charles, MO.  It's a well known and very popular area of old town St. Charles, a cobblestone street along the banks of the Missouri River.  Lots of cute shops, antique stores, bakeries, restaurants etc.   

There were 13 of us and after our lunch,  my granddaughter's boyfriend got down on his knee and proposed to her.  His parents and one sister were up here from Kentucky.   She accepted and has a lovely engagement ring.   She'll be 19 in September.   After all the excitement, pictures etc.  I drove home for a bit(so I thought) before going out to the hospital.  I sat down on the sofa and woke up 4 hours later.  My brother, the one in the hospital was calling.   He told me to stay home and rest.  I did.  I had a salad for supper and fell asleep again.  

He called me at 3 am.  I knew something was wrong and talked to him for quite a while.  He was in a very depressed stage and felt he might not make it through the night.   My other brother told me later that fluid around the lungs makes it a struggle to breathe, that you feel as if you're drowning.  

Our other brother and his wife had gone to visit him at the hospital after the lunch in St. Charles.  He was able to have solid food for the first time in 5 days.  So he ate everything.  Big mistake, I think.  His stomach wasn't used to food and he started feeling bad.  The hospital had left the IV going and fluid began to build up around his lungs.  He told me that he thought he had pneumonia and they'd given him Lazix?(sp).  He asked me to text our brother and sister to call him in the morning.  I sent the texts at 3:30 am.  

I found out later that the reason he wanted them to call was so he could tell them goodbye. Cat Sad That really rocked all of us because up until then he'd been making progress.  My sister, in Texas, was in a panic and extremely upset.   Long story short,  the Lazix? worked and he's much better.  I spent several hours out there yesterday and he was much more upbeat, though he won't eat all of the food they bring him for his meals.  I did take him a huge blueberry, we both love them, that was bigger than a quarter.  I asked his nurse if he could have it and she ok'd it.  Silly I guess, but I do know what he's like and what he likes.  I took some mail out there for him so he'd be able to keep up and have some normal activity.  

He's been having OT to build up his strength and so he can come home.  They are mentioning sending him to a nursing home and that's a huge no no to him, and to me.   I want him home where he's comfortable, but not before he can walk and have some stamina.  

His Creatine levels are dropping pretty good, 2.2 yesterday.  The dehydration has injured his kidneys and they will probably be compromised from now on.   

He had an electrocardiograph this morning   I don't know the results of that yet.  Our other brother is going out to the hospital sometime this afternoon.  I'm going to do some running around, bird feed.,  and a few groceries etc and then try to get out there later today.  I am so tired and so behind in laundry, cleaning, watering plants, feeding bird, birdbaths, cooking.  and now the yard really needs mowing at the other house.  

Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to kind of give a synopsis of what the weekend was like.  i'm sure I probably skipped somethings.  Just remembered one.  

The seniors at my GDs high school have a tradition where they all go back to the high school  the evening of graduation and are locked in for a night of games, food, fun.  My GD won a flat screen 24" TV.  She was really proud of that.  

I hope you had a nice peaceful weekend,  We did have some showers yesterday, much needed.   Hope for more, but probably not till the weekend.   Have a lovely rest of your Monday.  Heart