Respected Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest June 2017 - Baby Birds Everywhere :-)

@Winifred

Phew...108 that sure is hot!  I hope that it cools down for you. 

I hope that you are getting some sleep. 

Yes, I too miss Jody.....we always had a lot of fun with her.   Too bad you can't talk her into at least visiting us all here.

Honored Contributor

elliesbakeryri/jwesselphotography

Honored Contributor

kitten & coffee

Honored Contributor

Little Henry. Tibetan Terrier. More Small Apartment, Apartments Tibetan Terriers, Terriers Dogs, Tibetan Puppys, Minis, Tibetan Terriers Puppys, Friends Henry, Animal, Golden Doodles Tibetan puppy!!! THE best!!! Tibetan Terrier. Giving the mini golden doodle a run for its money on my puppy want list. Tibetan Terrier dog Buffys good friend Henry. #spsbuffy Top 5 Dogs That Are Ideal For Small Apartments *tibetan terrier Tibetan Terrier puppy Check more at http://blog.blackboxs.ru/category/dogs...

Honored Contributor

Mewtallica

Honored Contributor

@possummink  Safe journey to Florida :-)

That black cat with the Metallica hoodie looks like it is polydactyl.  I love cats with fancy feet :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

When Grayson joined my flock in 2009, I bought him an Anchor Hocking 9x13 glass baking dish as a bath tub.  This dish has never been subjected to extreme temps in all the time I've had it.

The tub is left out for him daily on a beach towel.  He decides to bathe on whatever day that it moves him.

Yesterday he didn't take a bath, but I washed the dish last night out of habit.  I was holding each end handle and was rinsing it and the bottom edge bumped my Swanstone kitchen sink and exploded.

Glass chunks and shards flew everywhere, including my hands and wrists.  I stood there, stunned and blood was running everywhere.

I repeatedly wiped the floor, on my hands and knees to make sure I got all the glass shards.  I even turned off all the lights and used a flashlight to check for anything shimmering or glistening.

I told him this morning, ummm Mama broke your tub last night but I have a temporary replacement.  It was one of my old corningware french white casserole dishes (so old it was made in the USA).

I put him in it while it was empty and said, look it might be a little cramped (lol) but use this today until I can get you a new proper tub on the way home from work.

I added warm water and it remains to be seen if he will give it a try.

I think I will be 2 new 9x13 glass baking dishes tonight.  This way I will have a spare in the event another one explodes like that.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

When Grayson joined my flock in 2009, I bought him an Anchor Hocking 9x13 glass baking dish as a bath tub.  This dish has never been subjected to extreme temps in all the time I've had it.

The tub is left out for him daily on a beach towel.  He decides to bathe on whatever day that it moves him.

Yesterday he didn't take a bath, but I washed the dish last night out of habit.  I was holding each end handle and was rinsing it and the bottom edge bumped my Swanstone kitchen sink and exploded.

Glass chunks and shards flew everywhere, including my hands and wrists.  I stood there, stunned and blood was running everywhere.

I repeatedly wiped the floor, on my hands and knees to make sure I got all the glass shards.  I even turned off all the lights and used a flashlight to check for anything shimmering or glistening.

I told him this morning, ummm Mama broke your tub last night but I have a temporary replacement.  It was one of my old corningware french white casserole dishes (so old it was made in the USA).

I put him in it while it was empty and said, look it might be a little cramped (lol) but use this today until I can get you a new proper tub on the way home from work.

I think I will be 2 new 9x13 glass baking dishes tonight.  This way I will have a spare in the event another one explodes like that.

@Bird mama

I hope that you are ok and that you are not all cut up.  That sure was some experience.  I still have some of those Anchor Hocking glass baking dishes.  Good idea to buy 2 of them so that you have 1 for  a backup. 

DD has a cat that has 6 toes on each paw.  He is grey and white and is adorable.  I will try to get a pic. of him so that you can see his adorable toes.

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama

I hope that you are ok and that you are not all cut up.  That sure was some experience.  I still have some of those Anchor Hocking glass baking dishes.  Good idea to buy 2 of them so that you have 1 for  a backup. 

DD has a cat that has 6 toes on each paw.  He is grey and white and is adorable.  I will try to get a pic. of him so that you can see his adorable toes.

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama

@luvsbulldogs  I once had two black cats who had the extra toes, and I had to clip those nails so they wouldn't grow into the paw or leg, not easy since they were semi feral.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This beautiful kitty with giant toes and feet was taken in by Panda Paws Rescue. This is her being held by the veterinary staff, showing off her big feet and many toes.

Bernie,   Thank you for the safe travel wishes.   

I hope you are not too badly cut up and that you got all the glass out of your skin.   What a scary thing to happen from just a bump.  I'll have to be careful too when using that type of glass dish or bowl.  

Hemmingway's cats, in Key West, have the extra toes on their feet.  I had the little lady above on my Pinterest Boards.  What a precious little one.  Her feet look like little snowshoes. Heart