Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest June 2017 - Baby Birds Everywhere :-)

Hello all, it's not only hot out there, it's steamy (yuck).  It's a busy day at work, trying to put something together for her and I don't have all the pieces.  My leader is one of those people who think - don't tell me about the labor, show me the baby, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Owl:

Honored Contributor

mary balogh- laughing..:

Honored Contributor

.........:

Winifred,  I wish you could send that cold morning  weather here to Missouri.   It's hot, humid and downright unpleasant outside.  I worked up a sweat just filling the feeders today and then filling the birdbaths.  Perspriation was running into my eyes and I couldn't do anything about it due to dirty paws.   I am ready for September and October weather.  

I still have 5 banana plants to put into the garden.  One tall one, sitting by the back steps is starting to unfurl a large leaf, sending me a message I think. Cat Very Happy

The birds are eating me out of house and home.  Today, Kitty, the Catbird, had a friend, mate, or child with her.  She came within 8 to 10 feet of me as I was tossing her favorite seed mix toward her.  I later saw her up in the feeder which is unusal for her.  She still 'mews' or has a harsh rasp, and I answer her back, by calling her name, Kitty.   She also has a beautiful mocking bird type of song.  The Brown Thrasher, Rusty,  and Puff, the Mockingbird were all waiting to be fed.   I'm going to have to start 'weaning' them off of being fed 2-3 times a day, as I am tentatively leaving for Florida on the 28th. and my brother doesn't feed them like I do.  

Keep cool, Birding Friends, and hydrated.  I hope we get some rain soon. We could use a good soaking.  At least Florida is getting some good heavy rains. 

Honored Contributor

To all my Lovely pin-friends:

Honored Contributor

Is Gerry the name of your groundhog friend?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama
I came "over" to see about Presto's 4th Birthday doins!
The chicken is hilarious, along with the man cave stories!
Did not know baby Presto was a girl!
Looks like the birthday day went well!
It's a good thing those animals living in your yard have someone to mother them like you!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

Yea, the groundhog under the porch was given the name Gerry since it could go female or male.  Gerry will never let me get close enough to determine gender so I do what I can.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

.:

Honored Contributor

.: