Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I'm posting these because Freddie @Winifred in particular gets a kick out of Grayson's antics.

History:  My dog max passed away in September 2008.  He reminded me of a deer.  That holiday season my sister and I were at some garden center and we spotted Hansa stuffed animals.  There was a buck that looked like Max (on clearance) and of course a fawn that was the only one of it's kind.  My sister kept telling me that the buck looked like Max so I shelled out nearly $100 for the buck.  Of course I bought the fawn so it wouldn't be left behind.  I know, I have issues - we've already agreed upon that over the years Woman Very Happy

IMG_1673 (188x250).jpg

The fawn and the buck were in the house when Grayson joined the flock in 2009. I remember the first time I couldn't find him and discovered he was on the back of the buck.  He gets on the brick hearth, jumps up on the fawn and then jumps up on the buck.

I laughed when I saw him there and immediately started singing this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvsQ9hYKq7c

One day last week, early in the morning he decided to cop a squat on the back of the buck and I got a shot of it.  He's been molting and sheds the shaft of his feathers so that's why the area on the back of the buck is a little ashy.  

How's that for a bird who knows the world revolves around him Woman LOL

IMG_1667 (250x188).jpg

@Bird mama  Grayson looks so beautiful!  I want those deer!  The link is adorable, love the song too, lol.  I think Hansa items are valuable.  I saw a buck for $1,364.45, so you may get some money if you ever sold them, minus the feather shafts, lol.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest - July 2018

[ Edited ]

IMG_1667 (250x188).jpg

Bernie,    What a cute picture of Grayson.   Love the deer too.   Nice place for Grayson to roost.  Soft and warm.  Heart

Edited to say,  I watched the video and loved it.   So cute. 

Honored Contributor

Derwentwater @jameswfortune

Honored Contributor

No automatic alt text available.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I have always loved cardinals...my yard is full of them & their brides

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

California Quail (have a large "extended family" of quail that hang out in the backyard year-round and come to eat under the feeders...every year, the previous year's chicks pair up and help add to the brood ;-)

Cute babies,  California Quail.  Heart

Honored Contributor

It's Friday                                                                                                                                                                                 More                                                                                                                                                                                 More

Honored Contributor