Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's currently 78 degrees and breezy here.  I have every window open since I awoke this morning and it feels great.  It's been stifling hot and humid for a week (at least).  I cut my grass today and my property looks loved again Woman Wink  I think we get one more day like this and the heat returns.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird

Hi Birding Friends,   Hope you are having a nice Friday.   Having the 4th holiday on Wednesday has thrown me off.    I keep thinking the weekend is a couple of days away yet,  just as I thought Wednesday was part of the weekend.  Doesn't take much to get me all baffled and mixed. 

I don't know if you know  yet,  but our friend Puddles. lost her sister yesterday.  Puddles was very close to her sister, Dottie, and was with Dottie when she passed from this Earth to Heaven on her 94th birthday.  Imagine a Celestial choir singing Happy Birthday for Dottie.  Heart   

Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting us know @possummink  I posted to Puddles in the Beach Cafe.

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your weekend coastal lovers ~

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone,

Sorry that it has been so long since I last posted here.  Our daughter who lives a mile from us has been very ill.  She went to the doctors several times and then several times to the ER.  Turned out that she had pneumonia and congestive heart failure.  The hospital kept her for 3 1/2 days.  My husband and I took turns being with her.  She also suffers from panic attacks and so we would not have left her alone at the hospital. She is 48 which is young for the congestive heart failure.  She has since been to the doctors several times and had blood work done and the congestive heart failure is all clear and she is on the mend with the pneumonia.  Thank goodness we moved closer to her and to the hospital.  Her doctor is not all that positive that it was congestive heart failure.  There were 3 different doctors treating her all with a different diagnosis one being chronic bronchitis.  We are just glad that it is gone. 

We are all settled in at our new condo and we just finished cleaning and donating more stuff from the basement.  I still need to go through years and years of Christmas stuff but will do that when it is time to decorate as I have no idea what I will be using here. 

We had a deck put on and it is completed and we are enjoying that.  We had to buy new furniture for it because we sold what we had with the former house.  Yes, in case I did not mention it we sold our house in 11 days.  We even know the new owners.....small world. 

My husband put up a pole off of the deck and placed a hummer feeder on it.  It originally was in back of the condo but we could not see it as clearly as off the deck.  Now we can sit in our sun room and see all the activity.  We have several hummingbirds that come all day long and we are enjoying them once again.  In the winter we will put up a bird feeder.  We are not allowed right now because of the bears being around. 

We planted several pine trees between the properties....actually went half with the neighbor..... and we have birds nest in 2 out of the 5 we had planted.  One is a robin and there are babies in it!  The other is a smaller bird which looks like an English sparrow and since it is so high up we can only see the bottom of the nest and cannot hear babies in there right now.  We are so happy that we have a lot of the nature that we so enjoyed at our former home.  We have all woods behind us so we ask permission from the board to plant rhododendrons along the tree line and were told that it would be fine.  We planted them along with cosmos and replaced 3 times all of the cosmos.  We finally saw a big old fat woodchuck eating them.  We replaced them with daylillies which they are not suppose to like but I did read that the deer love them.  So far they are still there.

We have met several of the neighbors and everyone seems very nice.  We are going to a meet and greet at the end of the month to meet more of the neighbors.  We are in the last phase of the condos so most everyone has moved in here within the last year. 

Our former neighbor who also has a winter condo in Cary, NC bought in here also and we are so glad that we are once again neighbors.  She is in the first phase.  Their are 80 condos in here and that is all there is to be. 

We just got out of a heat wave and it sure was hot.....not my favorite time of the year and especially a heat wave.  We were in the mid 90's and the humidity was 75.

@Bird mama

I hope that you are enjoying your retirement!  

@possummink

I see that you are back in Fla.  I hope that it is not too hot there for you.  I know that you too are not a big fan of the heat!

@Winifred

I hope that it does not get too hot for you.  I hope that you are feeling well.

@mousiegirl

How is your garden doing?  I hope that it is not to hot there for you.

@meallen616

Nice to meet you.  I hope that it is not too hot where you live but it seems to be hot all over the country.

I am so sorry to hear that Puddles lost her dear sister. 

Take care everyone and enjoy the summer months that we have left!

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs  Oh my, I am so sorry that your daughter has been so ill. When I was a young girl and would here the words 'congestive heart failure' spoken in regards to either of my grandmothers, I thought it was a death sentence.  The longer I lived and the more experience I gained with parents who had lung issues, I learned that congestive heart failure could be a transient thing that didn't mean a death sentence.  It becomes more of a side effect or symptom of something and not a primary failure of the heart itself.

It can happen to people of all ages, so I don't want you to be scared. 

As far as you moving closer to her?  There ya go, there is a master plan at work that we don't even know about when we are making decisions Woman Happy

Your new home sounds so beautiful and I am glad that you've been able to customize the property with the trees and flowers.  I don't know about condo living and have read that some condo communities can be really strict.

Respected Contributor

Luvs, have been thinking about you. So sorry to hear about your daughter. Sometimes things can be very frustrating for the person involved with a health issue as well as those around her. Hopefully things are indeed getting better.

Heat really got to me  yesterday and all night long. Our nights are normally cool - not so last night. I was sweating all night long - just miserable and things are warm to the touch - even the chair I am now sitting on. Lean back and touch the back to help me sit straight and it is super warm against my back. Another miserable day on tap. I do not have central cooling but do have window ACs. They were going full blast but even so they were not cooling as they usually do - usually work super well.

Did manage to drink a lot of water yesterday - something I do not often do but it was necessary. Not hungry but am smart enough to get something in me - for dinner had slaw and crackers - went over very well.

Must try and get the mind ready for the excessive heat again today - we did get to 112 yesterday - they say today only 107. That is horrible but the air is so thick it is hard to breathe

Need to go and see that Johnny's cat has food and water.Sure wish I could find Johnny - he LOVED that cat and it is difficult for me to understand why he did not make sure she was taken care of. I think the flea meds I got for her have really helped. Bless her she isn't scratching every second now. But she is miserable out there.  She is finally letting me come up to her and rub her for a second or two. She is not going back over to the repair shop as much as she was - she is spending a lot of her time under the lilac bushes. Poor little girl. Well she is really an old lady but adorable.

Early yesterday I got the feeders all filled and fresh water in the fountain. Course the fountain needed more water by nightfall. Yesterday morning this time it was cool - not so now, miserable!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@luvsbulldogs  Oh my, I am so sorry that your daughter has been so ill. When I was a young girl and would here the words 'congestive heart failure' spoken in regards to either of my grandmothers, I thought it was a death sentence.  The longer I lived and the more experience I gained with parents who had lung issues, I learned that congestive heart failure could be a transient thing that didn't mean a death sentence.  It becomes more of a side effect or symptom of something and not a primary failure of the heart itself.

It can happen to people of all ages, so I don't want you to be scared. 

As far as you moving closer to her?  There ya go, there is a master plan at work that we don't even know about when we are making decisions Woman Happy

Your new home sounds so beautiful and I am glad that you've been able to customize the property with the trees and flowers.  I don't know about condo living and have read that some condo communities can be really strict.

@Bird mama

I also thought the same thing as a child growing up about congestive heart failure.  It was explained to us that she had fluid around the heart possibly from the pneumonia and after many IV's and prescriptions of antibiotics the fluid was gone.  Were we all ever so relieved.  All of us also thought it happened only to the elderly.  Thank you for the great explanation as I was as you thought terrified, As for the moving closer to her my MIL used to say that her mother always said everything happens for a reason.  I feel that it was meant to be,  I love what you said also and will remember that in the future,

You are correct about condo living at least where we live.  Everything has to be board approved before you can do anything.  We had to request to change the color of our front door. It was white and we wanted black.  As for the landscaping we are mowed weekly and they take care of the the flower and shrubs that originated from the landscapers but anything after being board approved that you do on your own you are responsible for.  We bark mulched a small area in the back where we planted the flowers and the shrubs so now that is our responsibility which makes sense to me,  They also bark mulch the original areas which is great.  I remember years back doing truck loads of bark mulch.  We both still enjoy gardening but not the big jobs that we used to do at our former homes.  DH used to mow our lawns twice a week and it was about 2 acres of mowing.  That is one of the reasons I thought that it was time to downsize.  I am 70 and DH is 71 and we both agreed that we should make the move while we still could.  

We thought that we would miss all the wild life that we had but we have it here also.  We have seen deer, bears, porcupine, groundhogs and several neighbors have seen a moose passing through.  We also have the wild turkeys all around here.  On our deck which has 15 steps to it we planted all sorts of potted flowers.  I wanted to grow basil so we planted it in a nice size planter.  This morning DH looks out the window and there on our deck is a groundhog devouring our basil plant.  The plant is just about gone now.....lol.  I would never have thought that a groundhog would climb the stairs but it sure did.  I am so glad that we did not plant any veggie plants in pots on our deck...lol.  I told our daughter and she said we need to get little lounge chairs and supply the groundhogs with sunglasses. a hat and water so that they can relax after dining here.

@Winifred

It is so nice hearing from you.  I think of you often because our nephew also lives in Ca.and we are always interested in the weather there.  It sure is hot where you are!   You be careful and try not to overdo.  It is good that you are staying hydrated! 

I can't wait to meet up with our former neighbor here that also spends her winters in Cary, NC that I think I mentioned to you.  I will tell her that you lived there years back.  I am sure that by now there have been many changes there.

Take care and stay cool everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

137 Good Morning Quotes And Images Positive Words For Good Morning 19

Bernie,   I saw this and thought of you and your 'tag' line.  (Not sure what the correct term is for your saying at the bottom of your posts).Cat Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

Hello!  So you still think that black cats are evil?  NOT