Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest - August 2018

No automatic alt text available.

Honored Contributor

This is my baby Luna!  Great Scotty smile!

Winifred,   Back when I owned my dogs,  I didn't have them chipped, but if I owned one or more now, I sure would.   It's one of the best ideas around.  I'd have my cats chipped too.   Mattie isn't chipped, but she's an older cat and isn't allowed to go outside, ever.   She'd probably bite me for referring to her as an older cat. 

She's about 10, not sure of her age as I trapped her as a feral along with her brother.   He died at about age 4 from acute kidney issues about 4 days after I left home for my son's in Florida.  That was a sad time for sure and a shock.  He'd seemed to be in perfect health when I left. 

Moey, Mattie's brother, was a beautiful gray tiger cat with blue eyes and one of the longest tails I've ever seen on a cat.  He carried it arched over as it would have dragged behind him.  He only allowed me to pet or hold him.   To this day he is missed.   I'd nap on the sofa and sometimes wake up to see him sitting up with his paws on the sofa cushion,  staring at my face.  He was just gorgeous and those huge blue eyes.Heart

Keep cool and have a relaxing and peaceful Sunday. Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@possummink  I'm sure you know this already - kidney issues can sneak up on a cat.  I grew up in a multi cat household and I remember when Rita, who was 8, acted a little off - didn't want to eat which wasn't Rita.  Took her to the vet and wham - kidney failure.  I was devastated because I took the cat to the vet for my mother and she was alive when I left and deceased when I brought her home.  Didn't have cell phones back then.  Ma had a pet cemetery in her yard.

We were devastated - our cats typically live 18 years.  Losing Rita at age 8 hurt everyone in the family.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Am a strong believer in both cats and dogs being chipped. I was not always that way but I learned. My old cat Miss Blackie is not chipped I do not think but she has been around so long I may have forgotten. She is probably 18 years old and she came here as a kitten Shannon found under someone's house.LOL. So many animals have been "found" via the Chip - a good thing. Stripes who I adored WAS chipped as was several others. I continue to miss Conrad, I think so often about him as while I have had a zillion dogs - remember Bailey, my   Cocker Spaniel who I lost at age 15, well there was just something about that Scotty. I would grab another Scotty quickly if I were able to handle him, kids, and the cats. Course as you know I have gained another cat. He is precious but do wish Johnny could find a nice home for him - he would be an asset to anyone's home. I guess I need to call the Vet Johnny used as Johnny said he "thought" Ditty had his shots i the summer.  Oh well.

Really hot and muggy again. Cannot stand the moisture in the air also smoke from all the fires still turning around us. Sigh.

Stay cool.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: flower, plant, nature and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor