Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden Had the furnace cleaned couple months ago for $100.  We invested in gutter leaf protection years ago for both roof levels - Leaf Guard - and they are wonderful.  Did cost several thousands of dollars; but with  hundreds of trees in backyard = well worth it.

Leaf Guard - not the knock-off one

Esteemed Contributor

My friends who live in other countries do not have these problems. Their taxes go to services for their citizens...e.g., health care, education, parental leave. One of my friends in Holland said to me that no one there is very rich, nor is anyone very poor. What do we want our country to be?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac NYS - Keep your feathers cool............$300 quarterly - not per year.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

oh and  ALSO next week ...... I have a guy coming to clean the gutters and blow off the roof ($189) and also same week a guy coming to do the fall maintence on the furnace and heat pump ($279.00). 

$189 for gutter cleaning is price gouging. I "hire" my college aged niece for $20. Surely someone can do it cheaper no ?  Sounds like your company is a long line of firms praying on senior citizens.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac : Took second look $300 car and house insurance?  I don't have a car. DH has the car and he is responsible for the insurance and not sure what he pays. We tried to bundle the car and house insurance but DH always had issues.  To much to deal with now but will be searching for another agency.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt : We had leaf guard installed in March yes expensive but with COVID issues was able to receive a great discount. Really love the company customer service and the installers were great. Great product.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever Cost of cleaning gutters - depends on how high your house roof is - to have a young person climb up.

God forbid they fall and injured for life.

I say - pay the professionals - they are trained and carry insurance.

Prices today doubt they are senior price gouging.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Mz iMac NYS - Keep your feathers cool............$300 quarterly - not per year.

@fthunt  Thanks for clearing that up! 

I've never done quartely payments.  I always pay annually because of the discount.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac Well I've done yearly but when I changed insurance coverage - they put it through that way.  Couldn't be bothered to return the Policy for a re-do.

Rental property same way - $1500 quarterly.

That's another way to 'balance' the books..........(wink)

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee Leaf Guard - I watch with baited breath when I see my 80 yr old neighbor up on the ladder scooping leaves.....and he only does the garage and lower level.

AS I recall we did lower level first ($3K perhaps) and then called them back to do upper roof line.  Thousands of leaves fly down - but none in the gutters.