Honored Contributor

Re: Bills, Bills, Bills

[ Edited ]

I had a similar situation last month:

New Hearing Aids .... $6000

ENT / Audiologist co-pay .... $12.76 (I have good medical coverage)

Dentist ... cleaning and cap $1235.

-----------------

ETA:  Savings account took a hit.

Honored Contributor

I would cancel the weed and feed.  Be honest, does it look any better than any other lawn in the neighborhood?  We have a neighbor that has it done and by mid summer it's not any greener or lush looking than the houses on either side.

Honored Contributor

Anyone who owns a house can have lots of bills, never ending bills.

Also a car, lots of upkeep.

And then I think, its lucky to have a house and a car, but you need a lot of money to keep them.

Sometimes the more you have, the more complicated life can get, and the more money you need, or want.

because you see possibilities that might not have been there without money in the first place.

And I'm saying "you" as a general person you.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

What strikes me about those expenses is the $700 balance leftover from a skin cancer excision.  I would question that.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Next month - car & house insurance - $300

faint.gif

You must not live in N.J./N.Y./Pa.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac : Next month my house insurance $800.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee   And that is just for house insurance. 

I still haven't recovered from the OP $300 for BOTH car & house insurance. Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Well, yeah, bills suck!

I do freak out, too!  But then I tell myself, be grateful that though it's not always easy, I can pay those bills!

Think of the people who have to live on the streets, or in their cars.  Be glad for what you have and what you are capable of doing.  It changes my perspective at times.

P.S.  Sometimes you must have the lawn fertilized.  Depending of the age of the lawn or condition, it becomes necessary to fertilize it in order to save it.Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme Condition of Lawn - you are correct.  We (neighborhood) have bad soil - it's clay clay clay with inches of top soil.  Weeds are happy with it - but grass not so much.

I reseeded the entire lawn this summer - by myself - with Scott's Kentucky Blue Grass to give the lawn a boost.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs No pets any more......and I don't roll around in the grass.  I'm okay with lawn treatment & need it.