Honored Contributor

everyone kept giving him a benefit of doubt, he wouldn't do this or that, he couldn't do this or that.

finally after many years of these attacks on women the stories finally were believed and after much digging and checking facts were proven true.

glad these people kept digging and proved the truth.

this guy is nothing but a bucket full of you know what.

New Contributor

I never liked Bill Cosby I am 57 years old and remember when everyone thought he was so great but I always found him to be very arrogant and complete fake.. He is so much more than that now he's a rapist who drugs his victims. When the allegations came out I believed it right from the beginning. 

Not to change the subject but I always disliked Lance Armstrong also I found him to be totally arrogant and fake when everyone had him on a pedistal I had disliked him sooo much and the truth finally came out about hime too.

Super Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

Forty seven women have accused him of raping them.  What more does it take to believe the victim?

You are totally missing the point.  Belief isn't even an issue.  They don't arrest people just because they "believe" an accusation.  Even if there are 47 accusers.   The charge has to be credible and there must be a lot more than someone's allegation.  Anyone can accuse anyone of anything; but it means nothing without corroboration and proof. 

I wasn't saying he should be arrested.  I know he can't be arrested now.  I was just asking what it would take for those who are on his side to believe the accusations.  It seems incredible to me that some people still defend him after 49 accusations.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

"The information came from a 10 year old deposition that was recently unsealed.  So, he hasn't admitted to anything Maybe this will lead to charges being filed, I certainly hope so.  But maybe not.   I think we all knew what he did, the deposition doesn't change anything.  But the problem (so far) is that either the charges are ancient and too old to prosecute or they don't come from credible sources.  My hope is that this will now lead to at least one woman coming foward who has more than just her allegation, a woman who has some proof behind."

Yes, he did admit something then, and under oath, too.  He admitted he got quaaludes for the exact purpose of giving them to women for the purpose of having intimate relations with them.  He admitted mixing the drug with wine.

The records were unsealed by a judge.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
The CNN Special that was broadcast last night left very little to the magination. I always admired him as an entertainer but I'm afraid this may become too much to disregard.
Yes, we have to see how it all plays out before judging......
Honored Contributor

Violann, I have to disagree with you.

What we know for a fact is that Cosby testified under oath that he bought drugs for the purpose of using them to have relations with women.

I can judge him on that alone, especially when so many women had already said that's what he did to them.

He confessed. 

Honored Contributor
I'm absolutely OK with that, NoelSeven, and you're right. I was reacting to the fact that from a legal standpoint there's still a shortfall in terms of concrete information that can go to court. If a claim could be made that ONE woman was speaking from hysterical imaginings, I doubt that even the biggest fan could think that 40 women would describe such similar events.
I remember hearing criticism for Gloria Alldred early on, and it's pretty much silenced by now, so it seems to me that more info is headed for the headlines.
No doubt at all that the avuncular/paternal/iconic figure is totally gone, however much
can be legally proven.
Sad, sad business.
Esteemed Contributor

The statue of limitations will protect him .. but, he may be brought up on deformation charges several women may bring to court. They was one 25 year old women that was 15 at the time of her rape her charges against Bill Cosby may be brought to court they are investagating now. He had everyone fooled for so long and has enjoyed a good rich life he deserves to be brought down hard now. 

Respected Contributor

I've always wondered if Bill Cosby is innocent like he claims, why isn't he going after all of the women for slander? I think we know the answer; he doesn't want to open that can of worms.

He's such a vile hypocrite. In our society, celebrities get away with all kinds of disgusting things.

Honored Contributor

Evidently there is one woman bringing charges against him where the incident is within the statute of limitations.

Recent reports say the LAPD has opened an investigation.