Honored Contributor

Re: Big storm headed our way

Good luck to all of you in the Michigan / Indiana / Illinois area.  Ice storms are dangerous and potentially costly.  I'd rather deal with snow.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

D1406E15-4C40-4870-8DAB-CC9C240DAF54.png

denton, tx it is snowing just north of me

last night, before bedtime, we were ducking tornadoes!

Wow--that photo is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50, it must be beautiful in the city during the holidays. There is always so much happening, you are blessed. 

Trusted Contributor

hollysunshime, I'm in Newaygo County, probably not too far from you. Just stuck my toe out the back door-- light coating of ice on sidewalk. No snow on the ground right now but I hear lots is coming our way later. I see lots of closings in Kent Co today. Stay warm and safe.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  Was in Chicago for Christmas. My daughter lives in the Logan Square area. My husband and I bought snow boots and down coats expecting cold Chicago weather. Luckily we watched the weater reports before we left GA and decided no snow boots and no down coats needed.  It was actually warmer one day Christmas week in Chicago than in North GA. We were in Chicago in June of 2018. It was so hot that I thought I would die. At that time she lived in Lakeview and walking out of her apartment one morning the wind coming off of the lake felt like a blast furnace. I will say that I was dissapointed not having a white Christmas this year. We rarely if ever have snow in GA. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey  Weather is changing everywhere.  I do miss our winters but it is what it is.  However, I wish we had snow more often.  

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I live on the east side of lower Mi. have some snow from last night. Reports are 8 to 12 inches of that white stuff possible with some ice too. Not looking forward to it

Regular Contributor

I should say on the Northeast side. Way up on the top of the mitten.

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1   Goodness--there is always one critic in the crowd isn't there?

I had one like that next door in my last neighborhood.  He was over the top with his comments on everything.  Sometimes I just smiled while playing deaf so that I didn't say something nasty in return.

At least you know you did the sensible, right thing clearing the drain so it would work properly.

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I'm in SE WI and they keep changing our forecast. They have NO idea what's coming with this system. It's going to be anywhere from 1 inch to 12 inches with freezing rain/ice somewhere in there too. We are long overdue here for "winter" weather. It's been very mild so far.

So to follow up...a little freezing rain Fri overnight and 1 inch of snow. Lol