Valued Contributor

Best Moderately Priced Vacuum

I am having to replace my hand held Dyson vacuum, which won't charge and seems to have died.  We have two small dogs so I would like to have one with good suction.  I have a couple of area rugs and wood and tile floors.  I really don't want to spend so much money for a Dyson.  Any suggestions?

Respected Contributor

Re: Best Moderately Priced Vacuum

Can't beat a Shark.  Kohl's is having a great sale on them today and if you have an account you get another $10 off and receive $10 Kohls cash as well.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would get a Shark. I own one and it has their no-hair-wrap technology on the brush roll. It self-cleans the brush roll and no need to ever deal with it ever. For me, as a golden retriever owner, is worth it's weight in gold. Suction is very powerful, too. Several models to choose from. Personally I would buy a corded vac simply to avoid having to deal with battery replacement or failure. 

ETA-

When a a brush roll is clean and free of hair, it cleans better.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Rechargable batteries don't go on forever but you might call Dyson CS and ask if its replaceable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Why don't you read reviews on amazon - they've got many brands.  I've got all the brands already mentioned here.  

Imo Dyson is better than Shark - but that's only my opinion.  I also have a Bissell and like that - which is more moderately priced.

Valued Contributor

I love my Shark cordless.   It has the mini vacuum cleaner roller on the head.  It was about $49.00.

We have a bunny and it really picks up the hair.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had Sharks for years - love them.  I have two of  the Shark light or lightweight - it's a smaller version.  I have a canister Shark for the stairs and a Shark Wand Vac for quick clean-ups.  I can't bring myself to pay Dyson prices.  

I have their Vac/Mop too for hard floors - love it.

The thing about Sharks - all of them - you have to keep them cleaned out and clean/replace the filters or they will konk out on you.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patticakes wrote:

I am having to replace my hand held Dyson vacuum, which won't charge and seems to have died.  We have two small dogs so I would like to have one with good suction.  I have a couple of area rugs and wood and tile floors.  I really don't want to spend so much money for a Dyson.  Any suggestions?

@patticakes I was just replying at the same time as @SilleeMee!  While I went to find the info, she beat me to it!  Woman LOL

She is 100% correct!  Since, you mention dogs, I was also going to recomend the ones with no-wrap technology.  We have cats and that is a lifesaver!  We like the ones with "liftoff" capability.

We bought one this year (our second Shark) at BJ's and got a really good price.  I am not home, so I cannot check if this is the exact one.  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shark-Rotator-Lift-Away-DuoClean-Pro-with-Self-Cleaning-Brushroll-Uprigh...

Shark® Rotator® Lift-Away® DuoClean® Pro with Self-Cleaning Brushroll Upright Vacuum, ZU780

FYI, the only reason we had to replace the first one was because the brushroll would no longer rotate--a victim of fur and hair buildup, no doubt.  We had had it several years and we figured rather than spend money having it repaired we might as well buy a new one (with this new brushroll technology).

I checked BJ's and they have:

Shark Rotator Pet Pro Lift-Away ADV DuoClean PowerFins Upright Vacuum 

with Self-Cleaning Brush Roll (to give you reference).  It is a member only

price and I cannot sign in right now to see what the price it.  

I believe there are several Sharks with this technology, some go by Pet Pro.  I don't think you can go wrong with a Shark.  

Gloria

Trusted Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Can't beat a Shark.  Kohl's is having a great sale on them today and if you have an account you get another $10 off and receive $10 Kohls cash as well.  

@Scooby Doo , great suggestion!  We got our first one at Kohl's.

@patticakes@Scooby Doo is right!  This is a great time to buy.  As she said, extra $10 off, they are doing percentage off, too, which you should be able to stack, and then get $10 Kohl's Cash for every $50!  Win-win!

I just checked and they have several with the "Pet" technology.

Gloria 

Honored Contributor

This one is an "Amazon's Choice". It's a handheld (corded) Shark with the self-cleaning brush roll. $150

Shark HV343AMZ Rocket Corded Stick Vacuum with Self-Cleaning Brushroll, Lightweight & Maneuverable, Perfect for Pet Hair Pickup, Converts to a Hand Vacuum, with Crevice & Upholstery Tools, Blue/Silver

HV343AMZ Rocket Corded Stick Vacuum with Self-Cleaning Brushroll,  Lightweight & Maneuverable, Perfect for Pet Hair Pickup, Converts to a Hand  Vacuum, with Crevice & Upholstery Tools, Blue/Silver - Walmart.com

download.jpg