Honored Contributor

Benjamin Keough, Son of Lisa Marie Presley and Grandson of Elvis Presley, Dead at 27.

[ Edited ]

7B8D602B-6A13-4558-AB84-8CE979345FD7.jpeg

I meant to post this in the Community forum....sorry I posted it here❤️

Rest in peace, Benjamin Keough. The son of Lisa Marie Presley and grandson of Elvis Presley has died, ET confirms. TMZ reports Benjamin died of an apparent suicide in Calabasas, California, on Sunday. 

"Lisa Marie is completely heartbroken, inconsolable and beyond devastated but trying to stay strong for her 11-year-old twins and her oldest daughter, Riley," Presley's rep tells ET. "She adored that boy. He was the love of her life."

Unlike his sister, actress Riley Keough, Benjamin had stayed out of the public eye for the most part. However, last June, Benjamin made headlines as fans marveled at how much he resembled his grandfather, Elvis, in a family photo his mother shared. 

"Mama Lion with cubs," Presley captioned the black-and-white photo, which showcases her wrapping her arms around Benjamin, Riley, and her youngest kids, twin daughters Finley and Harper. 

Benjamin, whose father is Danny Keough, was a musician himself. He reportedly signed a $5 million deal with Universal Records in 2009 to record up to five albums

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Benjamin Keough, Son of Lisa Marie Presley and Grandson of Elvis Presley, Dead at 27 From Appare

so sad  Fame does not equal happiness

Respected Contributor

Re: Benjamin Keough, Son of Lisa Marie Presley and Grandson of Elvis Presley, Dead at 27 From Appare

@Mary Bailey wrote:

so sad  Fame does not equal happiness

or wealth and privilege.  Had never seen this photo, my goodness, he does look like Elvis!  Prayers for the entire family.

Denise
Respected Contributor

I cannot imagine the pain Lisa Marie and her family must be feeling.........

😢😢😢

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

So sad.  May he rest in peace.  

Frequent Contributor

Re: Benjamin Keough, Son of Lisa Marie Presley and Grandson of Elvis Presley, Dead at 27.

Rest in eternal peace, young man. Lifting his mom, dad, sisters, family and friends up in prayer. Suicide is so devastating on siblings thinking maybe they did something to cause the act.
Contributor

Re: Benjamin Keough, Son of Lisa Marie Presley and Grandson of Elvis Presley, Dead at 27.

You have the most beautiful heart
That I’ve ever known

It kills me you can’t ever show it
And a shell has been grown

(Lyrics from the song Lisa Marie wrote about her son. It's titled "Storm and Grace". Benjamin's middle name was Storm. )

Honored Contributor

That is so so sad.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I cannot imagine the heartbreak that family is going through.  And that poor young man...to be so tormented.

Such a horrible tragedy.  My heart goes out to them.

Honored Contributor

It seems Yahoo has stories daily of younger people passing. Sometimes I don't know who they are, but when it was Elvis Presley's grandson, I took note. As his mom said, if he fixed himself a certain way, the resemblance would be uncanny. Her pain has to be incredible, as well as that of the siblings.