Honored Contributor

Re: Bells are Ringing at the Bird's Nest - December 2016

The ULTIMATE Pheasant Cam! Trail Camera Photos from Ultimate Pheasant Hunting:

Honored Contributor

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year:

Honored Contributor

Wishing everyone a very happy Wednesday.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone,

Winter has finally arrived here.  We had our first snowfall on Monday and now again today.  Not a lot just a couple of inches each day but I am loving it.  It has finally turned colder also and I know I am weird but I love that too. 

We finally put up the bird feeders and within hours we had all our bird friends dining.  Both of my favs are here.....a male and a female cardinal and several juncos.  The juncos seemed to be living in a pine shrub near the feeders.  I have noticed that they are predominately ground feeders at this house we put seeds on the ground for both the ground feeders and the squirrels.  Still haven't seen any morning doves. 

Sorry for not posting more often but I am having a lot of medical issues and have been running from doctor to doctor and place to place for tests to find out if it is my Crohns or something else. 

I so miss seeing all the beautiful pictures.  I gave up trying to figure out why.  I have tried 3 browsers and also downloaded Adobe Flash  to no avail. 

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs

I'm so sorry you continue to have digestion problems.  Epi (at the Back Fence) has GI issues too.  Honestly give me any other ailment - just no tummy or GI issues - can't handle it.  I turn into a 5 year old.  

So are the bears hibernating now in your area?  I bet the birds are happy to see the return of the feeders.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The bird of the day is the Chaffinch

Image result for chaffinch

Image result for chaffinch

Respected Contributor

Got the feeders filled today - and it is still a tad chilly out there people!! Actually it is downright COLD. But that chore is done. Picked up Davey at school - with the kids in tow, just do not like getting them in and out of the car - did that this morning when I took him - a difficult task for this old lady. But at any rate Ricky fell asleep - yeah - and Davey brought him in and I had his sleeping bag on the living room floor so he put the little one there, gave him his sippy cup and turned Mickey Mouse on. He continues to sleep - another yeah!! The little girl is rolling so she is in her crib here in the bedroom  and I am keeping her company. Davey went straight to bed. What a household. Now if only I could get a nap - would love it. Daylight is waning at this point so that is good!! Sun is still brilliant but the sun is slipping out over the ocean and shortly it will be DARK.

John came over to check things I had to get done - and Christmas is closing in - do not like that but these things had to be done. ANOTHER broken sprinkler, door on the super old shed had been jammed and it is a mess - that is Shannon as she tears up everything. Those old sheds must be pampered and they will go another 50 years but no, she just tears up any and everything. And the domino in the bathroom sink must be removed - another Shannon $$. She is so very destructive and sadly does not care a whit or that is what I think because so far she has broken my dryer, stove and dishwasher by misusing them - also destroyed my carpet cleaner/had to buy a new one and also broke my nice vac-grrrrr!

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

Dang, sorry Hurrican Shannon blew through and tore up your house.  Too bad you need her as a sitter now and then or you could send her behind packing.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

I hear ya with tummy issues.   I use to be able to eat fish and cold beets in a small amount for about 3 weeks to a month but this time it is not working and I am sick of fish and beets.  They did some blood work again on me and another test and then put me on some more meds that are not working either.  I see the Gastro doctor on Tues. so I just need to hang on until them.  I did not know that Epi has tummy issues also. 

I am praying that the bears are finally hibernating!  Have not seen any in a while.  A friend of ours husband was out hunting last week and he came across a bear hibernating and took a pic. so we could all see it.  I would not have taken the time to take a pic I would have did an about face and ran like the dickens. 

It sounds like you are all decorated for Christmas.  I finished before Thanksgiving and it was a good thing because I felt good at that time.  So now all I have to do is wrap gifts and write out the Christmas cards.  I am just about done shopping.  I did a lot of shopping online.  I also had to buy a whole new wardrobe because of a lot of weight that I had loss.  I bought a lot online and mostly from QVC. I did hit Dress Barn and bought some clothes there also.  Now I am hoping that I do not lose anymore or everyone will once again see me wearing big baggy clothes......just can't do it again.  

Hoping that you and your birdie's are all doing well!

We got another inch or so of snow today.....just enough to make the roads slippery.

@possummink

I hope that you are enjoying being home and that you are all buttoned up for winter.  It is nice that you are able to be home for a time and then also go to Fla.  I am enjoying the cardinals and the juncos at our feeders.  Thankfully they are back in full force.  We were able to get the feeders out before the snowfall so that they would all have food.  Hunting season for the deer and the turkeys is over ,,,,,,,yeah!  I saw the white deer today so thankfully so far it has made it!  DH feeds the deer and the turkey's daily so we see them all most everyday.  I hope that your DIL is doing well with her Crohns?

@Winifred

I do not know how you do it all!  Bless your heart for doing all that you do for your family.  Our neighbor headed down to their winter home in Raleigh, NC  actually Cary, NC just in time because we had snow this week.  I told her about your living in NC and she said that it is a beautiful State.  Every time we visit one another she mentions how beautiful it is there and often sends me pics. 

@mousiegirl

Are you all decorated for Christmas or are you still working on it?  How is the weather in Ca.?

@Puddles

Good to hear from you!

I know that I forgot some of the nice folks that post here so please forgive me.  I hope that all of you are well and that you are enjoying the beautiful birds that we get to see.

Have a great night everyone!