Valued Contributor

Being strong...

[ Edited ]

I figured  this Friday I would  share these thoughts with you.

This week with more sadness from violence,  living in Ny, I keep seeing on tv ,new York strong, we will go on. For me the sadness is overwhelming, such a shock.I think if we become hardened it impacts us less.I believe we need to feel things, deeply and mourn. It also has been  a week's of change  for me,  I have developed  a tough shell ,mainly because of being abused as a child.Change ,even good seems to  send me into tough mode. I am always trying to be happy, but sometimes  I feel a good cry is   soul stirring.  While my things are petty compared to others, they still matter.So I will pick myself up and smile now ,thankful for  being able to feel, love and the courage to know  the creator has  created me to be human, I have faults ,but also overwhelming joy. So my dear friends, no matter what  or where you are ,you matter,your feelings are real, but, not  to come between your days of joy.Breathe , acknowledge,and move on.Sending you more love than you will know, yes we are tough, but loving and kind  as well....Hugs ,dear ones, MaryAnne 

Super Contributor

Heart

Honored Contributor

We have so much violence every day in this country and you are right that we become numb after awhile.It takes something extra horrifying to get everyone stirred up and talking.i remember the times in the past when I heard about a murder or accident I was saddened for days thinking about it and always so thankful that it hadn't happened to my family.I now watch those sad events on the news and think how terrible but I am much quicker to recover and just get on with my life.I don't think that is a good thing.I don't totally agree with the stand strong and carry on message because I feel that each life lost is worthy of all of my shock,fear and sadness.If we learn to move on too quickly for me it becomes a tolerance and I never want to stop being saddened and shocked.

Valued Contributor

@dex, my dear sweet friend,love to you...Yes it is important to feel...So nicely said, hugs, peace dear one...MaryAnne

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for sharing such heartfelt words and feelings.

We carry on each day with such full hearts and heads...thank you for your words that are really those of ...lets just stop , pause, reflect, and be thankful. 

Your awesome.

Valued Contributor

@Skididdy,Thank you for that, You seem like a lovely person, hugs my friend,MaryAnne 

Esteemed Contributor

Being strong is very difficult for me today.  A dear 16 year-old family friend passed away Wednesday.  She developed sepsis from a sore throat.  Fought for her life for two weeks, but lost her battle.  We are all struggling with this tragedy......

Valued Contributor

@nana59,I am so sorry, sometimes our grief turns to healing in a way we don't understand.Strong I snt always an answer.Sending you peace and love, hugs ,MaryAnne 

Esteemed Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi wrote:

@nana59,I am so sorry, sometimes our grief turns to healing in a way we don't understand.Strong I snt always an answer.Sending you peace and love, hugs ,MaryAnne 

thank you for your kind words.....

Honored Contributor

Given the events of earliers this week that took place about 25 miles from where I am right now, we need to be Strong and vigilant and no one will defeat the American spirit

@Still keeper of the koi wrote:

I figured  this Friday I would  share these thoughts with you.

This week with more sadness from violence,  living in Ny, I keep seeing on tv ,new York strong, we will go on. For me the sadness is overwhelming, such a shock.I think if we become hardened it impacts us less.I believe we need to feel things, deeply and mourn. It also has been  a week's of change  for me,  I have developed  a tough shell ,mainly because of being abused as a child.Change ,even good seems to  send me into tough mode. I am always trying to be happy, but sometimes  I feel a good cry is   soul stirring.  While my things are petty compared to others, they still matter.So I will pick myself up and smile now ,thankful for  being able to feel, love and the courage to know  the creator has  created me to be human, I have faults ,but also overwhelming joy. So my dear friends, no matter what  or where you are ,you matter,your feelings are real, but, not  to come between your days of joy.Breathe , acknowledge,and move on.Sending you more love than you will know, yes we are tough, but loving and kind  as well....Hugs ,dear ones, MaryAnne 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.