Honored Contributor

This is just a general note about the above. Some people are so sensitive that they react badly to it. Me,I grew up with it and learned to take it at an early age.

My son says don't argue w/ idiots.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Being critical

[ Edited ]

And some people aren't sensitive enough and miss opportunities to feel/see what is behind some of life's lessons.  Me, I grew up and learned to look at things from a different perspective when valid criticism was offered.  Even if it did not cause me to change my thinking, it showed me there was another way to look at things.

I totally agree with your son.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Havarti: Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Just what kind of criticism are we talking about? I'm wary of this topic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Just what kind of criticism are we talking about? I'm wary of this topic.

Yes please explain.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

This is just a general note about the above. Some people are so sensitive that they react badly to it.

True, even if it's "constructive criticism."

Honored Contributor

I would say any and all. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Being critical

[ Edited ]

Apparently, it's an issue everywhere.  Every single blogger I watch, no matter what the age always says "Now if this isn't you, please enjoy your way of doing "xyz" if you fell it's more suited to you.

My opinion is if you don't like what's on a page, turn it and save everyone the grief.  Too many people take everything SO personally.

@Group 5 minus 1 @Havarti  Very good and relevant topic.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I would say any and all. 

@Group 5 minus 1, thanks for the honesty. Now I know the reason I was wary. I do not agree at all that criticism accros the board is either helpful or should be embraced. Too much of what passes as criticism is anything but.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

There are just too many definitions...good, bad, useful, or vengeful...of "being critical" to address this subject.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~