Honored Contributor

Re: Beginnings of New Life at the Bird's Nest - May 2019

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello June!  Sunflower bouquet

Honored Contributor

Good morning my beautiful girls. Happy Saturday :)

Honored Contributor

June's Bird Nest is up

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Busy-Busy-at-the-Bird-s-Nest-June-2019/m-p/5499093#M33170...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Wanted to thank everyone for posting on this smiling, delightful, happy and beautiful thread.  Really enjoyed your sharing, and enjoy it again, and again. 

Esteemed Contributor

Is it true that if you leave up the nest they will come back? I left the nest of humming birds up.

Honored Contributor

Hi @halfpint1   I'm pretty sure if you don't disturb the nest, birds will return and reuse it.

We start a new bird's nest each month.  Come on over and visit us at the June's nest.  We'd love to have you.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Busy-Busy-at-the-Bird-s-Nest-June-2019/m-p/5505045#M33216...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Is it true that if you leave up the nest they will come back? I left the nest of humming birds up.

Yes they do come back.  We have a Robin's nest on our back deck which she built 3 years ago.  She comes back every year and lays eggs.  Its so cute watching the momma bird feed her babies.

Unfortunately this year something knocked the nest down and the eggs broke.  Kids were sooo sad.  We put the nest back up hoping she will come back again.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

@halfpint1 

Some birds reuse their nests, and others don’t.  I know that wrens like to use the same nest if possible.  

I read about hummingbirds, and the article said that yes, some hummingbirds will use the same nest again.  But that because hummingbird nests are so fragile, the nests often don’t survive longer than one season.  But if you have a nest in your yard, leave it up because they do like to nest close to where they have before.  Often, they will use the old nest for material to make a new nest nearby.

So, maybe you will have your hummingbirds back again to watch!🙂👍