Honored Contributor

Re: Beginnings of New Life at the Bird's Nest - May 2019

Мои закладки

Honored Contributor

Wednesday Blessings

Respected Contributor

Beautiful pictures for sure. Needless to say I always love to see a gorgeous Cardinal and Conrad of course.

Birds were plentiful yesterday. I suspect the feeders are ALL empty again. Guess I cannot complain. I still miss the Hummers - will clean and refill their feeders but have not seen any. The one tree which just up and died on me in the back yard - and broke my heart - is sprouting some new green twigs in some areas on the tree. It looks completely dead and here these new little green twigs are showing up. What a surprise - say some prayers that the new strength of the tree will prevail.

John is coming over this morning to repair a valve on the sprinkler system - replacing those valves are a tad pricey - my goodness. Paul, a nice young man is coming up Sunday to mow the weeds?? for me - so appreciated.

I am broken hearted Davey took himself out of school. He only had a couple more weeks to go - so he will not graduate now. I just do not get it - so close and he really is behaving badly. Very upset - to think he was so close - absolutely unreal.

I woke up entirely too early this morning - not happy about that but it seems anymore my control over myself is getting less and less. LOL.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Freddie nature has a way of overcoming and persevering.  I'll include your little tree in my daily prayers for you.  It warms my heart to read that John and Paul (I assume neighbors) are pitching in to help you Heart

I've come to the conclusion that some people are just contrary and their own worst enemies.  I have two in my family that immediately come to mind and for the life of me, I still can't figure it out.

One was pursuing her associates degree while working.  She was carrying a 4.0 GPA and had one class/credit left to get her degree when she stopped going.  Woman Surprised  There were multiple opportunities to go back and finish that degree.  I offered more than once to pay for it.    

You can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.  I've learned to let it go.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I saw one of these beautiful little birds yesterday in the area where I put food out for the ground feeders.   It's a wood thrush and their songs are glorious.   The brown thrasher has been coming for weeks and I saw her today just after putting food out for gound feeders on the sidewalk near the hanging feeders.    I am still waiting for "my" chimney swifts.  Hopefully they'll be here soon as it's warming up into the 80ies for the next few days and no rain.   The rivers are starting to recede with no rain till Sunday.  Maybe the farmers will get a break and be able to plant soon 

Honored Contributor

@Winifred 

Winifred,   I'm really sorry about Davey not finishing up his classes and not graduating.   You've gone so far above and beyond for your young ones and they have to take responsibility for their choices and failings.  Like Bernie said,  you can take a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.   Davey will come to regret his non actions and maybe in time to do something about getting his diploma.   I sure do hope so.   Kids have so many distractions and pressures these days and I am not trying to excuse his choices.  But having been around my 3 grandsons for most of their grade school and high school years, and now college, I've seen a lot of what kids face especially peer pressure and social media.   I kind of wish social media would go away.   It's poison for kids and a healthy development of character and self worth.   It's pervasive throughout our society.  I am so glad I didn't grow up with it and am grateful for the peaceful and happier times in our country when I was a kid. 

Fingers crossed and positive thoughts and a prayer for you little tree.  Heart

I'm glad you have some help with outdoor things.   I have had to hire a lawn care service to bring my yard back to being a yard instead of a growing jungle.  Volunteer plants are a big pain in the !!!!.

Take good care and pets to Miss Blackie and Ditty!! Cat Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, house, tree and outdoor