Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Beginnings of New Life at the Bird's Nest - May 2019

[ Edited ]

Me and Gerry the groundhog are going to have a come to Jesus meeting Woman Happy

This morning I didn't rush to feed the birds, squirrels and Gerry.  I was up at 6 am and didn't feed the outside critters until around 8 am.  It's not like I was that darn late.

As I was going into the cupboard to get the peanuts for the squirrels I glanced out of the kitchen window that faces the patio and backyard and noticed Gerry on the step.  Gerry tried to peer in the full length sidelight and while he/she was there, took a small bite or two out of my wood trim.

I didn't notice that until I got outside.  I planned to repaint the trim this summer anyway however I didn't expect to need some wood filler/putty.

I like the wildlife to feel safe and comfortable in my yard.  Gerry is getting a wee bit too comfortable. Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Me and Gerry the groundhog are going to have a come to Jesus meeting Woman Happy

This morning I didn't rush to feed the birds, squirrels and Gerry.  I was up at 6 am and didn't feed the outside critters until around 8 am.  It's not like I was that darn late.

As I was going into the cupboard to get the peanuts for the squirrels I glanced out of the kitchen window that faces the patio and backyard and noticed Gerry on the step.  Gerry tried to peer in the full length sidelight and while he/she was there, took a small bite or two out of my wood trim.

I didn't notice that until I got outside.  I planned to repaint the trim this summer anyway however I didn't expect to need some wood filler/putty.

I like the wildlife to feel safe and comfortable in my yard.  Gerry is getting a wee bit too comfortable. Woman Very Happy

@Bird mama   You were TWO hours late, LOL, so Gerry was warning you as to what was to come if you continued this lateness, lol.  Critters get used to people feedings and have inner clocks if the feeding time is consistent, this is one reason I don't feed the birds, also there are tons of trees with nuts all over this area.

You are so lucky to have Gerry around. Smiley Happy  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama   You were TWO hours late, LOL, so Gerry was warning you as to what was to come if you continued this latness, lol.  Critters get used to people feedings and have inner clocks if the feeding time is consistent, this is one reason I don't feed the birds, also there are tons of trees with nuts all over this area.

You are so lucky to have Gerry around. Smiley Happy  Smiley Wink

🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

Wow! This must be where “ getting your ducks in a row” comes from!
Honored Contributor

Protegiendose de la lluvia

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Peces! Aquí tienes peces de colores, así como peces tropicales, peces de acuario y peces de dibujos para saber como respiran los peces además de como nacen los peces!

Honored Contributor

Northern cardinal

Honored Contributor

I always get excited when I see deer; one day this beautiful, peaceful scene will be an everyday reality!

Honored Contributor

Lucy