Honored Contributor

Re: Beginnings of New Life at the Bird's Nest - May 2019

@mousiegirl  Thank you mousiegirl.  I've lived in this neighborhood for most of my life.  When I was little there were lots of Blue Jays.  Now, I havn't seen any Jays in many years.  And now we have Crows, Mourning Doves and Owls.  Birds have really re-located here.Image result for images of owls

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My eldest great niece Zoe made her first Holy Communion yesterday.  She looked like a mini version of Audrey Hepburn in her dress and veil.  It was a bit emotional for me when I first saw her, before the Mass started.  After nearly a week of overcast skies and rain, the sun came out as I was entering the church.

The inside of the church looks like this and when the sun shines, it's magical.

Related image

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  It's very beautiful and touching.  A sweet message from God for the sun to shine when entering the Church.  A very beautiful Church and a Blessed day for your great niece at her first Holy Communion.  God's Blessings for you and your family.  Love, SC Heart

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

My eldest great niece Zoe made her first Holy Communion yesterday.  She looked like a mini version of Audrey Hepburn in her dress and veil.  It was a bit emotional for me when I first saw her, before the Mass started.  After nearly a week of overcast skies and rain, the sun came out as I was entering the church.

The inside of the church looks like this and when the sun shines, it's magical.

Related image

@Bird mama 

Oh my gosh, @Bird mama , what a beautiful church!

I can see why you would be emotional. 🙏🕊❤️

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Sweet Caroline 1   

Honored Contributor

@geezerette   I grew up in Detroit, the land of ornate and historic churches, lol.  This was my first time at St Andrews and part of me thought, uh oh, one of those modern churches Woman Wink  I thought of Noah's ark when I saw the wood beams.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@geezerette   I grew up in Detroit, the land of ornate and historic churches, lol.  This was my first time at St Andrews and part of me thought, uh oh, one of those modern churches Woman Wink  I thought of Noah's ark when I saw the wood beams.  

@Bird mama 

I know you did.  That’s why I was so surprised to see this photo.  I expected a dark and ornate interior.  There is a place for both, of course.  I have to say though, I’ve never been in a modern church like this.  I like it! 👍

Respected Contributor

I see Miss Blackie glaring at everything. She is still plugging along - old and too fat but seems to be very content.

Just finished filling the feeders - feel so much better to finally see birds eating. That was so weird not having birds around for about 3 weeks. Hope that was the end of that. Feeders were all empty and I had filled them Friday - I think.

Beautiful day here in sunny Sou Cal - hope it was also nice where everyone else is.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Copied and pasted from Spring Fling thread. 

Good Monday Afternoon,  Everyone.    It was a fully packed weekend for my family/extended family.   My nephew's wedding was beautiful and a lot of fun.   We were worried about it raining, but that happened very early Saturday morning and by the time of the wedding the sun was out and the weather nice and cool.   The bridal group was able to go to the outside venues they'd chosen for wedding pictures and they turned out beautifully from the ones I have seen.   They did go to Forest Park for pictures near the Jewel Box,  a conservatory of exotic plants, and the Waterfall near the Zoo part of Forest Park. 

Jewel Box - Forest Park, St. Louis | Meet Me in St. Louis ...

Family came in from all over the US for this wedding,  MI, NC, FL,  TX, and more.  It was so much fun to see everyone and celebrate.   The reception was absolutely a blast.   The bride and groom came in wielding Light Sabers as both are avid Star Wars fans.  Great food,  good drinks, very cool disc jockey and lots of dancing .   Got home late and then back over to my sister in law's sisters home for more partying, Cinco de Mayo and opening of wedding gifts.  Another fun filled day and long hours.  I1  hours of sleep and I am still worn out. 

Kiwi was at all of the events with my daughter and he was the perfect little gentleman during the Mass(I was worried that he'd cause a commotion), had fun in between the wedding and the reception, and was really good at the reception, supper and all the rest.  Yesterday he had a great time with his cousins at the gift opening.   He makes friends so easily and loves to interact with adults as well as little ones.  

I could go on and on, but I need to get busy organizing things so I can fly to FL very early  on Thursday morning   

My oldest granddaughter did have a wonderful time at Fort Sill to see her husband.   She made the trip all by herself just fine and is on her way back home today. HeartHeart