Honored Contributor

Re: Beginnings of New Life at the Bird's Nest - May 2019

Saturday Blessings!

Honored Contributor

Untitled | by Matt Tighe

Honored Contributor

Wow, that's exciting that you have a Robin's nest in your tree @possummink   I don't know that I've ever had a Robin's nest in my backyard however now that you mention the black walnut tree I will look up more and see if I can see a nest in my black walnut tree.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@possummink   I am forever looking out my front window for duck activity.  Almost a year ago I experienced that dramatic duckling rescue and lost one and I don't think my heart could take another loss like that.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Image result for images of nests in flower potsGood morning Possummink!  Stopped by to say hello.  I have found bird nests in my flower pots on the back porch.  Little birds that stay little.  Don't know their identies.  I plan to learn more about birds and would like to get the right binoculars to see them.  Would like to see owls at night when I hear them close by.  Have a good weekend, Love SC

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

Image result for images of nests in flower potsGood morning Possummink!  Stopped by to say hello.  I have found bird nests in my flower pots on the back porch.  Little birds that stay little.  Don't know their identies.  I plan to learn more about birds and would like to get the right binoculars to see them.  Would like to see owls at night when I hear them close by.  Have a good weekend, Love SC

@Sweet Caroline 1   I have a collection of bird's nests that I collected from the garden through the years, well after the birds left.

I also had an owl family in my pine tree one year.  Both babies, a week apart, landed on the ground, so I called the Humane Society to rescue them.  I could not believe the wing span on the fuzzy babies.  One was actually taken to my Vet at the time who dealt with wild animals as well as domestic.  The parent had dropped dead mice for the babies, glad I didn't see that.

One evening while it was still light, I was gardening and heard an owl.  I looked up into the tree next to me, and there was an owl on the tip of the tree, enormous, shocked me as to it's size, but a wonderful sight to see and hear.  My pine trees, except for one, fell during a storm, so now I only hear them from someone's else's property.  I live in a woodsy area.