Honored Contributor

Beginnings of New Life at the Bird's Nest - May 2019

[ Edited ]

Welcome dear friends and new visitors to the Bird's Nest for May.

It is that time of year when the birds court and find their partner for the breeding season Heart

Image result for birds courting

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Beginnings of New Life at the Bird's Nest - May 2019

@possummink   Added these to the thread

Good Morning Happy First Day Of May.

Little World of Beka: Life | Goodbye April, April 2016

No photo description available.

Edible cookies ^^^

Honored Contributor

Scottish terrier. Scottie.

Esteemed Contributor

This morning I saw the most adorable sight. A mama duck walking through a parking lot with her baby ducks - there seemed to be about 12 and so tiny. She gets to the curb, goes up and expects all the babies to follow.

Let me tell you it was no small curb and one by one they finally made it up the curb to the sidewalk as mom patiently waited.

I was a little worried about the last two not making it up, and  you can bet I would have given them a hand up, lol.

Honored Contributor

May Day Flower Cone with real flowers... oh I'd love to have flower garden to really do this!

@Bird mama 

Thanks,  Bernie, for the new May perch and for moving the photos over here.   

We had a huge amount of rain and thunderstorms here last night and tornado watches, warnings, etc.   Yesterday afternoon,  I went shopping and while at the store,  there were tornado warnings just across the Mississippi from us and hail the size of chicken eggs,  some said duck egg size.   I'm glad I didn't know about that or I'd have been cowering in the basement.    

Honored Contributor

@possummink   We've been having rain on and off and my backyard is beyond 'spongey'.  I have shallow pools of water scattered near the pines in the back of the yard.  So many people in the country are experiencing violent weather I'll just take my rain and be quiet.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@possummink   We've been having rain on and off and my backyard is beyond 'spongey'.  I have shallow pools of water scattered near the pines in the back of the yard.  So many people in the country are experiencing violent weather I'll just take my rain and be quiet.  

@Bird mama 

Bernie,   I sure agree with you.   We did have a nice day for them most part today.   Some sun and a high near 70.   Most of the tornadoes , hail and very high winds were a bit south of us more in south central and western MO.  We have rain on the way for tomorrow,  I think. 

My sister and her husband are on their way up here from Dallas area for our nephew's wedding this weekend.   They had storms in Oklahoma today.  Stopped in Rolla, MO for the night.   

Good Morning Thursday Pictures 10863308374

Respected Contributor

Conrad with his glasses on is a handsome Dude for sure. LOVE IT.

Got a tad warm today but I am soooo happy. MY birds are coming. After a good 3 weeks with no birds - an absolute first - they are coming back and fighting - love to see it. 

Got some roses trimmed - many more to do but have not raked the cuttings up.Finding energy any more is super difficult but hopefully will get out there tomorrow and get some more done. EArly tomorrow morning however I need to rumble down to Toyota and find out the real reason for the whining in the front end as I drive. They are always right but not on this one - they have told me for some months now it is tires - NO IT IS NOT. But now am a bit worried as it could be something serious. Course it could also be bearings. Geesh.

Hope all have a great day tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

Freddie, I agree with you.  Tires usually don't whine.  I'd be concerned about the steering.  It's better to have them check then lose control on the road.

Honored Contributor

A mama robin built her nest in one of our black walnut trees right over where I parked Mayflower.   I've been watching her for a bit now and the babies have hatched.   I'd love to get a better picture but don't want to scare her off of her nest.    Hopefully maybe as  the babies get bigger I'll get to see them.  Heart