Honored Contributor

Re: Baskin Robbins Ice Cream

I love Baskin Robbins ice cream, but have not had it in years. My husband and I lived in Maryland for awhile and we were introduced to the brand there. I used to order their strawberry cream cheese ice cream.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Pink grapefruit ice was my favorite flavor.

@DiAnne Ice cream?????  Surprising!

Trusted Contributor

I used to love this ice cream, until I bought a pint of it at our grocery store and happened to read the ingredient label.  YUCK!  Too many fake ingredients.  Tossed it out and will never buy again.

Honored Contributor

Baskin Robbins Trivia:

Irv Robbins son, John Robbins, wrote the famous book,

Diet for a New America in 1987...which made the connection

between diet, animal cruelty, environmental factors.

He & his son, Ocean, are both very important to this day

within the vegan movement. 

Odd that many plant based doctors/influencers grew up with

a strong family connection to the Dairy Business. 

498CF0FE-C611-47F5-B17A-63A386CE285B.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't even realize Baskin Robbins or Bresler's were still in business.  Ours went out in my area years ago.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

Pink grapefruit ice was my favorite flavor.

@DiAnne Ice cream?????  Surprising!

@ECBG 

I don't think it was actually ice cream - more of what we now call a sorbet but it was my fave!

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i like BR ice cream, but last time i had it, it was like $3.50 for a small scoop.  no thanks. 

It is expensive!  Years ago, I was pleased to find a BR nearby after I'd moved to NJ.  I'd never been to one!  So, of course, I stopped in for a treat.  The price was high, which wasn't unexpected, but they gave you only one scoop of ice cream on a cone.  I thought: this is crazy, I could have gotten a whole half gallon - and then some - at the supermarket..  Needless to say, it was my first and last visit to BR.

Frequent Contributor

On the 31st of every month, BR has scoops for $1.70.  It used to be $1.31, then $1.50 and now $1.70.  But it is still cheaper than the regular price.  That is usually when we go.

Honored Contributor

we still have a bunch of BRs in the area. many are connected to dunkin donuts.

RITAS is also big in our area.

my go tos at BR.......mint chocolate chip, chocolate chip, vanilla, and pralines and cream.....i like when they have their quart specials. when i am craving a milkshake.....vanilla with peanut butter sauce.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

We have a Dunkin'/Baskin-Robbins nearby.  I love the mint chocolate chip ice cream.