Respected Contributor

For decades when I am under stress like selling a home, moving, etc.  I have this similar dream, here goes...

I'm in a greenhouse in the back of an old falling down house.  It's getting dark and I am alone and afraid.  I can't seem to lock any doors or windows and I am franticly trying to save clippings of dying plants.  Something is approching and I wake up terrified.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Dreams!

[ Edited ]

I live a whole 'nuther life in my dreams.  I really don't know enough about the meanings to be useful but my sense is that you feel exposed and vulnerable during this transition time and feel like your "stuff" needs saving, like you are losing them.  We're undergoing a sale of our home right now and living in our motorhome.... we're hoping it sells soon, but realistically probably closer to Spring.   So I really understand the emotions..... Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

My reoccurring dream is one where I am attending some sort of gathering in a large facility that has many rooms and hallways.  I'm either trying to get to the gathering on time (and running late) or trying to leave the gathering and can't find my way out of the building.  Either way, I'm roaming around like a lost soul. 

Honored Contributor

This is so funny you posted this today.

I woke up several times during the night last night which is not unusual when I am having a stressful work week.  The last time I fell back asleep I dreamt of my father who I have not seen in over 25 years.  His choice not mine. 

I was with him in this disgusting house and hugged him as I was leaving for somewhere because I wasn't staying there.  I said I love you and he said I know and I remember stopping in my dream at that point going wait a minute, that's my dad.  He hasn't seen or talked to me in decades. What's he doing here?

I also had one of my dogs with me and she's also been gone (passed away) for years.  I love it when that happens because I get to have her back for a bit  As far as I know, my father is still alive somewhere.

Very strange!  I usually don't have weird dreams like that and I never dream about him.  Must be the full moon.  

Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I live a whole 'nuther life in my dreams.  I really don't know enough about the meanings to be useful but my sense is that you feel exposed and vulnerable during this transition time and feel like your "stuff" needs saving, like you are losing them.  We're undergoing a sale of our home right now and living in our motorhome.... we're hoping it sells soon, but realistically probably closer to Spring.   So I really understand the emotions..... Woman Happy 

Dear Q4U,

You have my sympathy my friend!  I think you hit the nail on the head about my dream.  I wish you so much success with your sale!!!!!  You are fortunate to at least be out so your immediate stuff isn't disturbed.  I could write a book on bad things that happen when your home is for sale Woman MadWoman Sad

Please let us know when you are sold.

Cat

Respected Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

My reoccurring dream is one where I am attending some sort of gathering in a large facility that has many rooms and hallways.  I'm either trying to get to the gathering on time (and running late) or trying to leave the gathering and can't find my way out of the building.  Either way, I'm roaming around like a lost soul. 

Hi Shogirl2,

Yours sounds sorta like mine.  We are struggling!  I hope they dissappear for both of us and thank you for writing one and all.

Take care,

Cathy

Honored Contributor

A psychologist told me w/dreams you must pick out what is the most sig. thing to you  and what does that mean to you. Does a bank mean money security,etc.

I frequently talked to my Mom in my dreams. 4 -5 years ago I told her we had gotten a new puppy. I described it, told her its name. She told me how happy she was for me because she knew how much I loved dogs. 2 days later DH told me he had found a puppy and wanted me to check it out. That is Charlie and he is such a great pet.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

This is so funny you posted this today.

I woke up several times during the night last night which is not unusual when I am having a stressful work week.  The last time I fell back asleep I dreamt of my father who I have not seen in over 25 years.  His choice not mine. 

I was with him in this disgusting house and hugged him as I was leaving for somewhere because I wasn't staying there.  I said I love you and he said I know and I remember stopping in my dream at that point going wait a minute, that's my dad.  He hasn't seen or talked to me in decades. What's he doing here?

I also had one of my dogs with me and she's also been gone (passed away) for years.  I love it when that happens because I get to have her back for a bit  As far as I know, my father is still alive somewhere.

Very strange!  I usually don't have weird dreams like that and I never dream about him.  Must be the full moon.  

Hi Laura 14,

It must be the full moon!  I'm sorry about your dog and I hope you have another pet to love you!  They each ocupy a different place in our hearts.

As for your father, it feels like unfinished business.  I had the same thing with mine and he passed many years ago without us ever re-connecting.  It doesn't sound like you will ever re-connect with yours either.

It does something to us when a parent doesn't want/love us.  So I hope you never have another dream about him again, just your dog!

Blessings,

Cathy

Respected Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

A psychologist told me w/dreams you must pick out what is the most sig. thing to you  and what does that mean to you. Does a bank mean money security,etc.

I frequently talked to my Mom in my dreams. 4 -5 years ago I told her we had gotten a new puppy. I described it, told her its name. She told me how happy she was for me because she knew how much I loved dogs. 2 days later DH told me he had found a puppy and wanted me to check it out. That is Charlie and he is such a great pet.

ncascade,

Great advice and I love your puppy story, Thank you for telling us about Charlie!  I hope you continue to "talk" with your mother in dreams.  I only had one friend back when I was 16 that visited me after she passed.  I will write more later.

Have a wonderful day,

Cathy

Honored Contributor

Cathy, such a kind and lovely note. Thank you!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man